DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 53 of 108 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Tech here - ask away!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Dont know about the present, but after owning a droid it should never be a problem again.
    The droid syncs with your gmail account, and all of your droids contacts are there.

Quote Originally Posted by schmealey View Post
    I am on Verizon and been using the Palm OS for 9 years on a MAC. I want to switch to a droid but do not know how to get all my data in there. Most importantly Calendar and Contacts. I can re-enter my Memos if I have to.

I have been told that Verizon can get my contacts over when I buy the phone via infer red sync.

So what is the best way to get my data ported?
    What do I sync with in the future?
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Palm Centro
    I am a Verizon user who has been on a PALM OS on a MAC for 9 years. I want to switch the Droid but need to know how to sync both contacts and calendar. I would love to sync my memos but here that's no so easy. Any suggestions? Also after I do get the data into a Droid how do I and what do I sync with.

Thanks,
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidtoll View Post
    Hey Viper! Sorry if these are repeated questions, I didn't see it in your FAQ and the thread is up to 24 pages...

1) Any word on the issue with the home screen not rotating except when the physical keyboard is pulled out?

Not an issue. It was intentional.

If you want auto-rotate on home get GDE, Home++, Open Home, or (what I use) Panda.

I actually have home autorotate turned off on panda. It got annoying.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by eap369 View Post
    hey viperboy

i have a question about mms, i can send video, picture, recorded notes, mms but not mp3 files, is it because its something verizon hsnt allowed?
    Most likely. They are kinda "The Man"
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    sorry, but i tried to search this thread to see if this subject was covered.

how do you enter a persons contact when you try to send a new text message?

if i press the message icon from the home screen, in the "To:" section, i try to type the persons name, as it appears in the contacts, but all i get are numbers that correspond to the letters i am typing. when i finish typing out the correct contact name and send, i get a message back saying that the message was not sent to an invalid address.

it seems that the only way i can send a text is going to my contacts, choosing the person i want and then press the messaging icon. wasted steps given that when you press the messaging icon on the home screen sends you a "new message" screen.

i guess i was use to the enV3 where all i had to do is start typing the persons name and an list would appear allowing me to choose the correct person. this is what i want without having to install an app.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    hello, anyone having problems with their alarm clock not going off? if there is another thread on this could someone tell me where to find it. i seen a small thread on it, but nothing on how to fix it. thanks all
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Infreakincredible
    I connected my Droid to the computer for the first time, I opened up the USB screen and I noticed there a folder called (pretty weather google) So deleted it thinking it was junk, then an error meddage pops up saying I'm missing the file and it says "Loading Data" on the main screen constantly

Did I just delete some important folder?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dave4100 View Post
    Thanks! I will download the auto-pilot plugin. I guess what I'm really after is a sensor or software package that would automatically turn airplane mode off when I enter a live signal area and automatically go into airplane mode, say after two minutes, when I have entered a non-signal area. That way, I can keep the phone in the case no matter what area I'm currently in. I'm going in and out of coverage all day long in my job. Just want to save wear and tear on the battery.

your phone would never be able to tell when to automatically come out of airplane mode.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    On my Moto Droid I just start typing a contact name. After typing no more than three letters a drop-down appears with contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by will.anaya View Post

if i press the message icon from the home screen, in the "To:" section, i try to type the persons name, as it appears in the contacts, but all i get are numbers that correspond to the letters i am typing. when i finish typing out the correct contact name and send, i get a message back saying that the message was not sent to an invalid address.

it seems that the only way i can send a text is going to my contacts, choosing the person i want and then press the messaging icon. wasted steps given that when you press the messaging icon on the home screen sends you a "new message" screen.

i guess i was use to the enV3 where all i had to do is start typing the persons name and an list would appear allowing me to choose the correct person. this is what i want without having to install an app.
    Last edited by iJroid; 12-20-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: tacos
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by iJroid View Post
    On my moto droid i just start typing a contact name. There is a dropdown that appears with contacts within three letters.

Quote Originally Posted by will.anaya View Post

i tried that and all i get is one option.

i have a group of contacts that are associated with my work. the first four letters represent my company followed by a dash then the name of the person.

so if i start typing the first four letters the exact same way as in my contacts, even followed by the dash, all i get is one entry and it is always the same entry no matter who (or is it whom?) i try to enter.

Links