DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 49 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Tech here - ask away!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by legacystar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raven1911 View Post
    Took off full charge at 9am. By 3pm I was at 30% battery having 50 min of conversation/voice calls, 19 text messages, zero internet and games. By 6pm my battery was warning me at under 15%. Use told me standby @ 37%, display @ 12%, phone idle at 25%, android os @ 9% and rest of the stuff @ 5% or lower. I just don't get it my battery was gone in 9 hrs with light use IMO. Before the update I had much better battery life. I just wanted to see if I was being unreasonable before I decide to exchange my phone/battery. This was two days go viperboy. What do you think, exchange it?
    that is alarming. you need to click on cell standbye and see what % it says you were not connected to network. if it's high your phone was searching for service and that rapes your battery.
    So should I take my roaming capability off or something? Maybe that is what is jacking my battery? Problem is though, it wasn't happening before the update. I went the same places before my update and it wasn't that bad. I have almost had it with the battery life. I have to carry around my darn cord with me everywhere.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The unfortunate truth is that when you have bad reception in your house your phone will use up a TON trying to find a signal. I cured part of that problem by having wi-fi on all the time for my internet however it still tries to get signals for telephone calls.

Doesnt matter what carrier - or phone. You need good reception or it will eat your battery.

When I go out for dinner my battery barely changes because I have good reception.

Took off full charge at 9am. By 3pm I was at 30% battery having 50 min of conversation/voice calls, 19 text messages, zero internet and games. By 6pm my battery was warning me at under 15%. Use told me standby @ 37%, display @ 12%, phone idle at 25%, android os @ 9% and rest of the stuff @ 5% or lower. I just don't get it my battery was gone in 9 hrs with light use IMO. Before the update I had much better battery life. I just wanted to see if I was being unreasonable before I decide to exchange my phone/battery. This was two days go viperboy. What do you think, exchange it?
    that is alarming. you need to click on cell standbye and see what % it says you were not connected to network. if it's high your phone was searching for service and that rapes your battery.
    So should I take my roaming capability off or something? Maybe that is what is jacking my battery? Problem is though, it wasn't happening before the update. I went the same places before my update and it wasn't that bad. I have almost had it with the battery life. I have to carry around my darn cord with me everywhere.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Hey hows it goin.. quick question... are we ever gonna get an update on the droid in the near future for multi touch like the eris? or is it gonna stay as is with updates just to fix bugs?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Truebill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Truebill View Post
    How do I set up an automated signature, like "sent from my Droid"?
    on email or text?
    I'm asking about email.
    go into the mail account and go to setting and under your name thats where you put it.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    if the phone was getting solid reception before and not now, take it into the stor and get it replaced. i already replaced one droid cause the signal searching was eating my batter. my new one is like gold now lasting 10-15 with medium use and 24 or more on light days.
    Last edited by legacystar; 12-18-2009 at 08:59 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I have a problem with txting.
    I will be txting somone and it will just randomly go back to the main messaging menu that looks like this. It usually does it sometime between me sending a txt and receiving a txt back from the same person. It just started doing it yesterday.

Edit: It also does it if i just open a txt thread and let it sit there. Also when it happens i lose signal for a split second.

New message
    compose new message
    ----------------------------------------
    Joe Bob (432)
    hey
    Timmothy (23)
    hey
    Last edited by Spectrum; 12-18-2009 at 09:47 PM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid motorola
    I have battery issues too. They drain even with the droid ogg.

But I bought the extra battery and stand-alone charger. This makes so much sense. First off, all smart phones are going to have a shorter battery life than regular cell phones, so you should get an extra battery anyway.

The stand alone charger frees you up to charge 'n swap with no wait time.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    My problem is that I travel and am on the road a lot. I think I will take it in and get it replaced.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    any idea why when I get certain text my phone does not vibrate? It does for all others just for like 2 people it does nothing.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    I have a problem with txting.
    I will be txting somone and it will just randomly go back to the main messaging menu that looks like this. It usually does it sometime between me sending a txt and receiving a txt back from the same person. It just started doing it yesterday.

Edit: It also does it if i just open a txt thread and let it sit there. Also when it happens i lose signal for a split second.

New message
    compose new message
    Joe Bob (432)
    hey
    Timmothy (23)
    hey
    i did a complete factory reset and it seems to have fixed it. Do you have any idea why it happened in the first place? Thanks
Page 49 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Links