DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Tech here - ask away!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by seven40 View Post
    viperboy, when would you recommend the droid being exchanged for a new one? i've had to reset the phone to factory settings twice already due to random reboots and virtual keyboard not popping up when it should (yes, i checked the system settings and pulled the battery but no luck). i know that android uses automatic memory management which can contribute to the unstable performance, but how are we to know if we indeed have a lemon on our hands?
    What I do with issues like that is boot the phone in safe mode...

Power phone off
    Slide keyboard open
    Press and hold Power+Menu button (on keyboard) until "Droid Eye" comes up
    Phone should say "Safe Mode" in the bottom left hand corner

Use the phone in Safe Mode for a little bit. In Safe Mode, the phone just loads the core processes and none of the 3rd party apps. Usually if you have a shortcut to a 3rd party app, it will stay there and might open, but usually you get a Force Close error. None of the 3rd party apps will load in the apps list.

If you still have that problem in Safe Mode, I would say it should be exchanged. If you don't have that problem, look at your 3rd party apps and see if any of those apps could interfere with the keyboard.

And when you have this problem, is it in a certain app? I keep alot of SMS and sometimes, when I get a text, unlock the phone and go to type, it's frozen (atleast that was on 2.0, haven't experienced that yet on 2.0.1). If you tap in the text field, it just "blinks" and doesn't bring up the keyboard and if you wait a few seconds, you get the Force Close or Wait option. I click Wait and it seems to work right after that. I just wanted to see if there was a certain time when your keyboard isn't coming up and if you were tapping on the text box to try to bring it up.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    I see someone already did some cleaning I appreciate that. It's nice to see that the mods on here care about the forum. I'm on a car forum that almost anything goes, and it shouldn't. Mods just let way too much go. Thanks again.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

lost all my contacts after update

after updating recently, my contacts dissappeared. i first noticed that my messages only had numbers and no names. they came back for a second, but then dissappeared apparently for good now. all my contacts except two random ones remained.

i've tried everything, re syncing everything there is. trying to import from sd card, checked my gmail account contacts and they are all gone too! what in the world happened and are they really lost forever? i was such a fan of the droid but this is the worst possible thing that could have happened.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by lance7lot View Post
    after updating recently, my contacts dissappeared. i first noticed that my messages only had numbers and no names. they came back for a second, but then dissappeared apparently for good now. all my contacts except two random ones remained.

i've tried everything, re syncing everything there is. trying to import from sd card, checked my gmail account contacts and they are all gone too! what in the world happened and are they really lost forever? i was such a fan of the droid but this is the worst possible thing that could have happened.
    Wow, sorry to hear that! If they're not on your GMail account, they are going to be gone, most likely. The only thing I can tell you is to go into Contacts > Menu > Display Options and check everything under your GMail account. Go back into your contacts and see if anything shows up. If not, sorry, they are gone.

Do you have an old phone still with your contacts on it? They can be transferred to your Droid from the store's machines.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Viperboy, thanks for helping us Droid users with question/problems we have with our devices! I just have a couple issues that I'm concerned about:

1. Why is it that I still can't view some animated/videos that are sent to me by MMS? I have a friend that has another verizon smartphone (Blackberry Storm) and he has not problem viewing them.

2. When I check my Gmail account, it still shows some of the content (images) that are attached to the email as "question marks" instead of what it is supposed to be.

Thanks again, hope you can help!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by richie1378 View Post
    Viperboy, thanks for helping us Droid users with question/problems we have with our devices! I just have a couple issues that I'm concerned about:

1. Why is it that I still can't view some animated/videos that are sent to me by MMS? I have a friend that has another verizon smartphone (Blackberry Storm) and he has not problem viewing them.

2. When I check my Gmail account, it still shows some of the content (images) that are attached to the email as "question marks" instead of what it is supposed to be.

1. What happens when you get them? If you press and hold, do you have an option to save? If so, can you then play it back from the phone? The 2.0.1 update fixed a problem with some MMS messages from LG phones not working properly.

2. Do you mean in a certain email? Did you click "Show Pictures"? Did it still happen after that? Would it happen to be a corporate account, by chance?

Sorry for not having answers, I just need a little bit more information.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by viperboy View Post

1. What happens when you get them? If you press and hold, do you have an option to save? If so, can you then play it back from the phone? The 2.0.1 update fixed a problem with some MMS messages from LG phones not working properly.

2. Do you mean in a certain email? Did you click "Show Pictures"? Did it still happen after that? Would it happen to be a corporate account, by chance?

Wow, guess you're up this early too, LOL

1. I haven't actually tried saving it again after the update but before it would just show the first image of the video (like a photo). I'll try saving the next one first and see if it'll play.

2. I just checked that email again, and it still does not show the images. It's just a regular email from a friend nothing really complicated about it. I was wondering, could I send that email to you and you check it on your phone? Do you have a Droid also?

Thanks for your fast reply!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by viperboy View Post

Wow, guess you're up this early too, LOL

1. I haven't actually tried saving it again after the update but before it would just show the first image of the video (like a photo). I'll try saving the next one first and see if it'll play.

2. I just checked that email again, and it still does not show the images. It's just a regular email from a friend nothing really complicated about it. I was wondering, could I send that email to you and you check it on your phone? Do you have a Droid also?

Thanks for your fast reply!
    Saving the MMS should make it work for you. Keep me updated!

And sure, I will give you an email to send it to. Check your PM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Images not displaying was a known issue in 2.0. it was supposedly update in 2.0.1 but I still have about 50% success and definitely have trouble seeing some images attached.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Mr. Viper,

1. My droid periodically deletes all my text messages, this issue appears to happen at random times and I can't seem to predict what causes it. Last time it happened, I wasn't using any third party apps, I was just texting and suddenly all was blank, every text gone - from everyone

2. My phone does no vibrate when I get text messages. I have vibrate turned on in both the main settings and the SMS settings. I get haptic feedback from the bottom four buttons, but SMS messages never vibrate - ever. No matter if the phone is on silent, vibrate only, or the loudest setting (or anything in between). Third party apps to vibrate, I installed some to see if there was a hardware bug, but deleted them after my tests. The phone will not vibrate for SMS, still.

3. Lastly, ever since I got the 2.0.1 upgrade via OTA, I have been having terrible lag in the browser. This issue does not seem unique to me and there are several threads talking about this new problem. Do you know if there is a way to fix it, or if there is already and update in the works to fix this major nuisance. Here is a thread about this issue:

Issue 5286 - android - Browser lags when scrolling after 2.0.1 Update on Motorola DROID - Project Hosting on Google Code

Thank you for answering my questions, I couldn't find answers to them anywhere.

Last edited by Silverwing; 12-11-2009 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Formating and Typos
Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Links