DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 12 of 108 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Tech here - ask away!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by uplate View Post
    thanks for taking your time to help us all out.

Myself and others have reported that doing a Voice search (even in car home mode) and saying "call Joe Doe Mobile" will always do a google web search and never go into phone mode. saying "dial 555-1212" does the same thing. Voice search always goes straight to the web search. Some users have no problem, others like myself do.

any ideas?

Thanks.

Given viper wasn't sure on this one I thought I'd throw this in there just in case it's been overlooked. Have you looked at your search settings? If you go to settings and choose search, you pick where it wants your search/voice search to look. Make sure Contacts is checked. You could even uncheck web search if you wanted to.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID!

do you think i should exchange?

Been almost a month and my droid reset twice for no reason... its too early to tell becuz of the update but did the update include something that fixed this issue? I also had the sound of my ringtone and notifications(all sounds in general) get switched from the speaker to earpiece. I don't have insurance for this phone so I want to be safe. What do you think? And also, I bought it directly from verizon so I wouldn't be able to go to a local verizon store to have it replaced is there? Thabks in advance and welcome to the forums!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by overtsilence View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uplate View Post
    thanks for taking your time to help us all out.

Myself and others have reported that doing a Voice search (even in car home mode) and saying "call Joe Doe Mobile" will always do a google web search and never go into phone mode. saying "dial 555-1212" does the same thing. Voice search always goes straight to the web search. Some users have no problem, others like myself do.

any ideas?

Thanks.

Given viper wasn't sure on this one I thought I'd throw this in there just in case it's been overlooked. Have you looked at your search settings? If you go to settings and choose search, you pick where it wants your search/voice search to look. Make sure Contacts is checked. You could even uncheck web search if you wanted to.
    Thanks! I have never really used voice search on any phone I've ever had, so I don't know much about it because it's not something I really use. I knew the settings for it where there, but didn't think to suggest it. Sorry, it's late for me Thanks again.
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Hey Viper, I know this is not tech related, but I was wondering if you know anything about the shirt/coupon distribution. Was the shirt and the coupons sent to random customers, or is there a reason behind it? Thanks
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    Hey Viper, I know this is not tech related, but I was wondering if you know anything about the shirt/coupon distribution. Was the shirt and the coupons sent to random customers, or is there a reason behind it? Thanks
    Not a clue, my friend. I'm sorry.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I heard that visual voicemail was just changed to work with wi-fi. I just canceled it because it wasn't...

Is this true that it will now work if you use wi-fi?
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    I heard that visual voicemail was just changed to work with wi-fi. I just canceled it because it wasn't...

wi-fi is checkin mine now
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx10 View Post
    Honestly, I don't really trust (nor see the point in) your credentials of "Verizon tech". As was pointed out earlier, the vast majority (if not all) of the responses you gave to questions can be answered with a bit of time on Google.

And I do find it interesting that you coincidentally don't know the answers to a lot of the things I'd expect someone in the Verizon know to... well, know. Not gonna bother citing any examples here, because I think they're self-evident, and again, I don't think it's really that important.

Either way, yeah... welcome to the forums.
    There are certain things that I can and cannot say. I identified myself as a Verizon employee to help other people, especially with things related to how it works on our network, software enhancements, things of that nature. I need to post things that won't jeopardize my job.

And please, point out something that I should know that I "don't". I really don't care if you believe me or not. I am here to help and if you want to question if I am a Tech or not, feel free. I don't need to prove it to you or anyone, I'm not going to, and I don't want to jeopardize my job by leaking information to prove that I am who I say I am.

Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post

Here is what was changed in this new software (don't know if you guys saw this already - this is readily available from the verizonwireless.com website)

http://learning.verizonwireless.com/...are_Update.pdf

But I believe that the VVM and Wi-Fi is fixed, even though it's not on that list. Anyone care to chime in?

EDIT: Thanks for the confirmation, Corinacakes.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (v1)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx10 View Post
    Honestly, I don't really trust (nor see the point in) your credentials of "Verizon tech". As was pointed out earlier, the vast majority (if not all) of the responses you gave to questions can be answered with a bit of time on Google.

And I do find it interesting that you coincidentally don't know the answers to a lot of the things I'd expect someone in the Verizon know to... well, know. Not gonna bother citing any examples here, because I think they're self-evident, and again, I don't think it's really that important.

Either way, yeah... welcome to the forums.
    I want to interject on this, cause there is something people also need to understand on something with regards to how employees are allowed to answer certain things in a public forum.

An exerpt from my own company's policy with regards to posting in a public forum, when addressing something company related, regardless of any privacy with regards to their identity, they are still subject not to reveal any information that is private or cannot be disclosed to the general public.

For legal reasons, a company can get a writ to supeona another company to divulge information on one user if there is some proof of possible malfeasance that needs to be investigated, which includes Viperboy here not only stating he is a Verizon Rep, but misrepresenting their company that he is a part of.

So for Viperboy to do what he is doing, on his own time, he has to keep within company policy of what he is allowed and not allowed to divulge. Furthermore, like him, many techs, not just Verizon Techs, refer to answers they also look up on the web for issues because of a simple fact, there are many issues that come up that no one will have the 'magic bullet' solution. Many of the issues most of us have posted, have been encountered by other people and have been resolved in similar fashion, others are harder to explain because of the simple fact that there are many variables that can come into play.

Look at the Battery Life threads... People are ranging from having 2+ day battery life with the OTA update, while others are saying it is worse. The problem here is, that without knowing more information other than just a general statement, there could be many reasons why people are getting mixed results, and not all of them will be related to the Update.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    why does my droid drop 4 out of 5 calls?
Page 12 of 108 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Links