DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1077

Thread: Verizon Tech here - ask away!

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible "past-MotoDrd"
    Quote Originally Posted by nogolfndroid View Post
    my phone will not show a voice mail notification if the phone has been powered off while the voice mail came. I would like to know what could cause this, I don't want to have to go check for voice mail everytime I have had my phone powered down to save the battery . Thanks, Dad

Hey Dad!.. welcome to the forum!

you shouldn't have to power down as these batteries go all day and then some.

You will most likely have much better voicemail service if you stay up.

Some alternatives may be to:
    1. Mute your phone if you don't want to be bothered.
    2. Leave it on the charger when you would normally have it powered down as apparently you don't need it then anyway.
    3. Get a car charger... it will charge from almost dead in a little over an hour.
    4. Get an extended battery that will give almost double battery capacity.
    You can check that out here.

You may not know how to check your battery level so you may be nervous as to how much is left... you can download an app that gives a continuous readout..."I like the one called batterylife..... or go to.
    settings---->scroll to the bottom to "about phone"---->status----> second one from the top will show your battery status.

settings---->scroll to the bottom to "about phone"---->"battery use" will give you a breakdown of what is eating your battery.
    The Second Mouse gets the Cheese!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Thank you both for the info about Windows 7. I have "mounted" my droid but still can't see it on my laptop. Do I need to install the driver? Because I don't get any prompts when I plug it in.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and the Droid. Got mine Monday. Love it so far! I have three questions/issues here... first, I downloaded the Handcent sms app and when I receive a text my phone alerts me twice putting text messages under both icons(the handcent app and one that came with the phone), how do I stop this?

Second question, I've read alot about Phonebook 2.0 is that an app I need to download or is it already available on my phone? If it is, how do I get it?

Last question, how do I get my GPS to actually show me the streets and places..not the 3d screen but the actual places that I'm navigating to?
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by jay2372 View Post
    Thank you both for the info about Windows 7. I have "mounted" my droid but still can't see it on my laptop. Do I need to install the driver? Because I don't get any prompts when I plug it in.
    Very odd. I use it on my Win7 Laptop with no issues. But here's something you may want to try:
    [HowTo] Wifi Mount your DROID
    Found that a few days ago and haven't bothered 'connecting' my Droid since. It's annoying that Moto 1) used the micro-usb connection that NO other devices I have uses and 2) didn't include a second USB cable... Cheap bastards... I remember now why I hadn't bought any Moto products in 5+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrywho? View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and the Droid. Got mine Monday. Love it so far! I have three questions/issues here... first, I downloaded the Handcent sms app and when I receive a text my phone alerts me twice putting text messages under both icons(the handcent app and one that came with the phone), how do I stop this?

Second question, I've read alot about Phonebook 2.0 is that an app I need to download or is it already available on my phone? If it is, how do I get it?

Last question, how do I get my GPS to actually show me the streets and places..not the 3d screen but the actual places that I'm navigating to?
    1) You can change this in the settings. That question has already been answered SEVERAL times in this thread and others (SEARCH is your friend) and with that

2) This is for VERIZON tech support, i.e. problems with the PHONE or OS not for support about misc apps. Ask whoever/where ever you've bee hearing about the program or GOOGLE SEARCH.

3) It's only available, to my knowledge through GoogleMaps, not through the Navigator. The Navigator can add Satellite view overlay via the 'layers' but I don't believe they've added "Street View" via GPS yet (Remember GPS and navigator are still in Beta so a lot of features are missing or limited, be patient).
    Last edited by KZIWarrior; 01-13-2010 at 08:11 AM.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Go to your applications and clear defaults for the stock messenger app and that will leave handcent as the default.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2.01
    Will the DROID get the 2.1 upgrade OTA? I am currently at 2.01. Thanks.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    @windstrings..I went under applications and it's only showing the ones that I have downloaded not the ones that came with the phone.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    @windstrings..I went under applications and it's only showing the ones that I have downloaded not the ones that came with the phone.
    go to settings----> appications--->manage applications--->hit your menu key on the phone at the bottom----> pick filters----> choose "all"--->go to messaging---->hit clear defaults
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by smd6169 View Post
    Will the DROID get the 2.1 upgrade OTA? I am currently at 2.01. Thanks.
    YES.... and NO there is no official date yet but it is rumored at the end of the months (depending on which rumors you look at).

Okay, this has been stated before several time and is on the OP but again for viperboys sake:
    1-PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FEATURE.
    2-Please keep to "tech support" questions. Not 3rd party apps questions about devices, programs or updates ect. (see the OP for viperboys specific guidelines)
    A lot of questions being asked lately have been answered either in this thread or in other threads. It makes it very hard for Viperboy (when he returns) to focus on new problems/requests because he'll have to sort through 10+ pages of questions he's already answered or the could easily and quickly be answered via a simple search.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Cool iTunes Music

Great information!! It's great to have a tech on the site. I have been trying to transfer my songs in iTunes to my Droid. I have been given a couple of ideas but so far nothing has worked. The songs are stored in a pc not a mac and all I have on my phone so far is iMusic and that amazon Mp3 app. Can you step me through the process or is what I'm wanting to do not possible?

Thanks!

Links