DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snap on cases causing damage to Moto Droid?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Snap on cases causing damage to Moto Droid?

Just snapped on my new Body Glove snap on case and it the tabs seem to be restricting that nice fluid slide action of a brand new Droid...anyone else experience this? Anyone ever heard of some kinda thick saran wrap kinda case...i don't necessarily need to open slide the phone open too access the keyboard the virtual works for me. I would leave this body glove on but when its closed its still putting upward pressure on the slide mechanism...almost couldn't return the last one because of the same type of snap on case...they called it "damaged"...

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Tskjuggalo View Post
    Just snapped on my new Body Glove snap on case and it the tabs seem to be restricting that nice fluid slide action of a brand new Droid...anyone else experience this? Anyone ever heard of some kinda thick saran wrap kinda case...i don't necessarily need to open slide the phone open too access the keyboard the virtual works for me. I would leave this body glove on but when its closed its still putting upward pressure on the slide mechanism...almost couldn't return the last one because of the same type of snap on case...they called it "damaged"...
    I am using the cheapo plastic shell. It does add more friction to the slider due to the design. I doubt it will cause any long term damage though.

Droid 1: 2.0>Manual 2.0.1>OTA 2.1>Future!
    Droid X: 2.1>Future
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just ordered zagg's invisible shield...ill find out in in a week if it lives up to the video(s)
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Cases will cause it to be a little tighter. This is normal behavior. As you slide the phone, it should become easier to slide and no damage will occur to your phone.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by viperboy View Post
    Cases will cause it to be a little tighter. This is normal behavior. As you slide the phone, it should become easier to slide and no damage will occur to your phone.
    Disagree. I have seen two phones returned to stores with a fight because the cases caused damage to the slider mechanism. One of them got harder to close, even after remove the case, and the other practically slid open by looking at it. No other damage had been done to these phones. One was my mother who has barely even touched the damn thing.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by medicTHREE View Post
    Disagree. I have seen two phones returned to stores with a fight because the cases caused damage to the slider mechanism. One of them got harder to close, even after remove the case, and the other practically slid open by looking at it. No other damage had been done to these phones. One was my mother who has barely even touched the damn thing.
    Sorry, have not seen any damage as a result of having a case on the phone. I'm in a busy store and this hasn't been a concern.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Sorry, have not seen any damage as a result of having a case on the phone. I'm in a busy store and this hasn't been a concern.
    Thats great. I have seen it, and the OP mentions that they stated his phone was "damaged" in the same way. I have seen mention of this on this forum as well as others. Just because people don't come in to complain doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. I had to show two different stores the simple and technical fixes for storm 1 screen press issues.... In September... I think this is a warranted concern by the OP and shouldn't be brushed off as non existent.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by medicTHREE View Post

Thats great. I have seen it, and the OP mentions that they stated his phone was "damaged" in the same way. I have seen mention of this on this forum as well as others. Just because people don't come in to complain doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. I had to show two different stores the simple and technical fixes for storm 1 screen press issues.... In September... I think this is a warranted concern by the OP and shouldn't be brushed off as non existent.
    I cannot speak for what you have seen and I can't do anything about it without verifying it. I'm not brushing it off, I will keep a look out for cases and their effect on the Droid's slider, but this has not been a complaint in my location.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Jeez... You had a problem returning a Droid because the cover "Damaged" it ? That seems absurd to me since the Body Glove case is one that Verizon sells. If they have a case that "damages" the phone, it should be their responsibility to make it right. If that's what is happening, they should pull the cases from their line up.

By the way.... I am using a Case-Mate Clear Armor Screen protector coupled with the case below (offered by Verizon.) The case is slim yet seems very sturdy. I like it ALOT. They had not better give me a hard time should I have to return for a problem with my Droid since this is a case I got directly from them.

Enter your location
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links