DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Snap on cases causing damage to Moto Droid?

  1. Junior Droid
    Tskjuggalo's Avatar
    Member #
    14272
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Snap on cases causing damage to Moto Droid?

    Just snapped on my new Body Glove snap on case and it the tabs seem to be restricting that nice fluid slide action of a brand new Droid...anyone else experience this? Anyone ever heard of some kinda thick saran wrap kinda case...i don't necessarily need to open slide the phone open too access the keyboard the virtual works for me. I would leave this body glove on but when its closed its still putting upward pressure on the slide mechanism...almost couldn't return the last one because of the same type of snap on case...they called it "damaged"...
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    blackjoker4215's Avatar
    Member #
    3811
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    194
    Phone
    Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tskjuggalo View Post
    Just snapped on my new Body Glove snap on case and it the tabs seem to be restricting that nice fluid slide action of a brand new Droid...anyone else experience this? Anyone ever heard of some kinda thick saran wrap kinda case...i don't necessarily need to open slide the phone open too access the keyboard the virtual works for me. I would leave this body glove on but when its closed its still putting upward pressure on the slide mechanism...almost couldn't return the last one because of the same type of snap on case...they called it "damaged"...
    I am using the cheapo plastic shell. It does add more friction to the slider due to the design. I doubt it will cause any long term damage though.

    Droid 1: 2.0>Manual 2.0.1>OTA 2.1>Future!
    Droid X: 2.1>Future
  4. Junior Droid
    Tskjuggalo's Avatar
    Member #
    14272
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Just ordered zagg's invisible shield...ill find out in in a week if it lives up to the video(s)
  5. Master Droid
    iiimegamaniii's Avatar
    Member #
    2865
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Posts
    281
    Phone
    BIONIC
    #4
  6. Senior Droid
    viperboy's Avatar
    Member #
    14334
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    181
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    #5
    Cases will cause it to be a little tighter. This is normal behavior. As you slide the phone, it should become easier to slide and no damage will occur to your phone.
  7. Master Droid
    medicTHREE's Avatar
    Member #
    516
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    463
    Liked
    1 times
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by viperboy View Post
    Cases will cause it to be a little tighter. This is normal behavior. As you slide the phone, it should become easier to slide and no damage will occur to your phone.
    Disagree. I have seen two phones returned to stores with a fight because the cases caused damage to the slider mechanism. One of them got harder to close, even after remove the case, and the other practically slid open by looking at it. No other damage had been done to these phones. One was my mother who has barely even touched the damn thing.
  8. Senior Droid
    viperboy's Avatar
    Member #
    14334
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    181
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by medicTHREE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by viperboy View Post
    Cases will cause it to be a little tighter. This is normal behavior. As you slide the phone, it should become easier to slide and no damage will occur to your phone.
    Disagree. I have seen two phones returned to stores with a fight because the cases caused damage to the slider mechanism. One of them got harder to close, even after remove the case, and the other practically slid open by looking at it. No other damage had been done to these phones. One was my mother who has barely even touched the damn thing.
    Sorry, have not seen any damage as a result of having a case on the phone. I'm in a busy store and this hasn't been a concern.
  9. Master Droid
    medicTHREE's Avatar
    Member #
    516
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    463
    Liked
    1 times
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by viperboy View Post

    Sorry, have not seen any damage as a result of having a case on the phone. I'm in a busy store and this hasn't been a concern.
    Thats great. I have seen it, and the OP mentions that they stated his phone was "damaged" in the same way. I have seen mention of this on this forum as well as others. Just because people don't come in to complain doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. I had to show two different stores the simple and technical fixes for storm 1 screen press issues.... In September... I think this is a warranted concern by the OP and shouldn't be brushed off as non existent.
  10. Senior Droid
    viperboy's Avatar
    Member #
    14334
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    181
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BB v.4
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by medicTHREE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by viperboy View Post

    Sorry, have not seen any damage as a result of having a case on the phone. I'm in a busy store and this hasn't been a concern.
    Thats great. I have seen it, and the OP mentions that they stated his phone was "damaged" in the same way. I have seen mention of this on this forum as well as others. Just because people don't come in to complain doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. I had to show two different stores the simple and technical fixes for storm 1 screen press issues.... In September... I think this is a warranted concern by the OP and shouldn't be brushed off as non existent.
    I cannot speak for what you have seen and I can't do anything about it without verifying it. I'm not brushing it off, I will keep a look out for cases and their effect on the Droid's slider, but this has not been a complaint in my location.
  11. Senior Droid
    GeneRs's Avatar
    Member #
    2589
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    195
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Jeez... You had a problem returning a Droid because the cover "Damaged" it ? That seems absurd to me since the Body Glove case is one that Verizon sells. If they have a case that "damages" the phone, it should be their responsibility to make it right. If that's what is happening, they should pull the cases from their line up.

    By the way.... I am using a Case-Mate Clear Armor Screen protector coupled with the case below (offered by Verizon.) The case is slim yet seems very sturdy. I like it ALOT. They had not better give me a hard time should I have to return for a problem with my Droid since this is a case I got directly from them.

    Enter your location
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Cover "water damage" area on droid
    By olletsocmit in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 02:14 PM
  2. Slip cases for the droid
    By searayman in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 02:09 AM
  3. Droid cases with magnetic closures
    By On Droids in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 08:08 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 02:16 PM
  5. Incipio will make cases for Droid
    By KineticYellow in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Search tags for this page

do cases damage phones
,
do hard snap covers damage phones
,

droid x2 double cover

,
hard case damage phone
,

how to remove incipio case for droid x2

,

how to remove incipio droid x2 case

,
motorola droid snap on case how to open
,
snap on case damage
,
will magnetic snap cover ruin a phone
,
will snap case damage droid bionic
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+