DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues connecting to mobile network since Froyo update

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible

Issues connecting to mobile network since Froyo update

Hi,
    I am having issues with accessing the mobile network since the android 2.2 update. Here is what happens.
    At least once a day I notice that 3G is not working. I go to setting > networks, and on mobile networks it says "Turning on" , but it doesn't turn on. If I try just holding power, turn off internet and back on, it won't work either.
    Only way to get it to connect is to fully power off and back on.

is anybody else having this issue?
    Is there a fix?

Thanks
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I'm having the EXACT same problem with my DInc. Only when I turn off/on, take battery out etc it still doesn't work. Only way to fix is to call the reprogramming #. I've had to do this multiple times a day and it's getting old fast! Every time I call VZW they just have me call the reprogramming #....
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

Same issue except only sporadic

Since 2.2 upgrade, every once in a while (especially when in bad coverage areas), the mobile network says "turning on..." and never completes. Usually powering off and back on fixes it but not always. Sometimes I have to wait to get to a better coverage area.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    It sounds to me like these are issues that are happening in specific areas. If that is the case it's probably a tower issue. Call Verizon and explain the situation to them and they will cut you a service ticket. They will check the signal out in the problem area and if necessary, make adjustments as needed.

A couple of months ago I lost my 3G signal from my home and I had serious issues with bar signal as well. It took about 4 days but Verizon did end someone out to check out the towers and adjusted accordingly. No problems since then.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

Trying *228 to see if that fixes it ...

Yes, hook -
    I agree it could be a tower issue. In fact, before I started reading this forum, I had completely forgotten about *228 to update my roaming capability (brain lapse!). I've been moving around a lot between remote areas over the past four months (Yellowstone National Park this summer, where I first noticed the issue, and now in rural Maine - yes, life is tough ;-) ). Will be here in Maine for a few more days. Just did the *228 thing; will see if that resolves the issue. Have been having it at least once a day since I've been here, so if I don't see the problem again, I'll assume that all I really needed to do was the *228 thing. Will report back.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    It sounds to me like these are issues that are happening in specific areas. If that is the case it's probably a tower issue. Call Verizon and explain the situation to them and they will cut you a service ticket. They will check the signal out in the problem area and if necessary, make adjustments as needed.

A couple of months ago I lost my 3G signal from my home and I had serious issues with bar signal as well. It took about 4 days but Verizon did end someone out to check out the towers and adjusted accordingly. No problems since then.
    Sorry..... Do you not see the pattern....its with the DINC's, and I too have the same problem, even when I'm in an excellent coverage area.... I further noticed that when this problem randomly occurs that the wifi is also useless...it will just say scanning indefinatley untill you do a soft reset by pulling the battery while the phone is on... all of the above senario's have taken place while in full coverage, and where wifi was available.

As far as adjusting the tower accordingly....highly unlikely unless they were experiencing high volumes of lost traffic to a specific sector. They won't just adjust Azmuth's, Electrical Down tilts, Mechanical Down Tilts, and MCU settings based on one persons complaints. However they will issue a Trouble Ticket and maybe reset a few radio's that are possibly in alarm.
    Last edited by chaz.ring; 10-01-2010 at 06:33 AM.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

WiFi works for me...

When I have the problem, WiFi DOES still work for me. So ... just another data point.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted Incredible
    regardless..... we have never went to troubleshoot a site and actually change the current settings of a site based on one person's problems..... That usually takes months to get thruogh the RF engineering department, not to mention that we would also have to change the surrounding sites to compensate for the changes made to the original site in question.... Then of course you then need to wait for all PRE drive tests to be performed.....
    Last edited by chaz.ring; 10-01-2010 at 06:41 AM.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I was also experiencing the same problem. Calling *228 and having my roaming profile updated (click 2 on the voice menu) solved my problem.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    *228 does seem to have fixed my problem. Several days now in the same "remote" location - no problems.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links