DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what phone do should i get. current phone droid 1

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    don't wait. new phones will always be coming out and you'll always be wanting the latest greatest one.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber889 View Post
    don't wait. new phones will always be coming out and you'll always be wanting the latest greatest one.
    Partially agree with this. If there's a phone you want that's available on the carrier you want, and you're in a position to buy/upgrade, then go for it. Phone tech moves fast, its easy to 'always be waiting for the next thing.'

I want a new phone too, but I have 10 months left on my Verizon contract. So I have to bite my tongue for a while longer.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Goodbye Storm Hello Droid!
    Got my D1 Dec 2009.

Eligible to upgrade Oct 2010 but still not seeing anything that's leaps and bounds above my D1.

Will certainly open my eyes again Dec 2010 but like everyone else, I suspect 1st quarter 2011 is when I'll make my move.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The Killer Droid X
    I love my droid x, but i have issue of people hearing me clearly, everything else work and i don't want to send it back. It's really up to what you wanna do with the phone. I'm stuck with this because all i do is everything else on my droid x then talk. Lock screen is glitchy, but its a good smartphone, great speed to do remote access to my pc, 3g is alright not the best. Playing music to my surround system kick ass, very crisp sound. Games is cool. I'm a geek so this fit in but someday i have to send it in i think something is up that some people don't hear me clearly. Screen is pretty good kindof small for me but i never had a smart phone like this. I love the speed when i connect my phone to my laptop wireless.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Rooted)
    I personally wouldn't get the Droid 2 unless my Droid 1 broke and they replaced it. From what I can see, they are very similar. Plus my Droid is rooted!!!
    Droooiiiiddddd.....
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by slikster9012 View Post
    what phone do should i get. current phone droid1
    As with all threads like this: What are you looking for? What's most important to you? It's all about finding what suits you best. Otherwise you'll just get replies from people recommending what they chose (based on their needs/wants) or what they want to get (again, based on their needs/wants).
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Really? My x is WAY more responsive than my overclocked d1 was.

The speaker COULD be louder, but it's loud enough for me.

Now, when I use my cousin's d1, I find myself squinting and having trouble pressing things on the smaller screen.

I love my dx and wouldn't go back for the world.

Just my opinion.

Emitted from X.[/QUOTE]
    when I decided to get the x, I didn't hesitate at buying a phone without a keyboard, since the touch screen on the D1 was great, I never used the slider keyboard.However after getting the x, I now wish I had a keyboard as this keyboard often hides your message and freezes.It also flickers and totally is unresponsive when pulled out of the nav, mount, or dock.so many times I've had to sleep and wake it up to be able too use it. When I wake up and check my email, it needs a minute to do it, its just a slug compared to my d1, until it gets going.I need to reboot it daily, the operating system just seems to be unstable.Add in the navigation cannot find my location about half the time I try to use it, and once I've driven around enough to get a signal, it starts dropping signal in areas my D1 was fine, and the fact that I can't hear the nav system when its in the nav mount, with the volume maxed above 50 mph in my car without straining and turning everything of.I think the x will be a great phone once the bugs are worked out....i hate being the guinee pig for that.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    nice!! thanks guys for all the help. i decided to just keep the D1 and wait for something else. because there was nothing that the x and 2 really had that got my attention to really make me want it. it seems like everything they have is just slightly better than rooted D1 so hopefully by 1st quarter there is a bigger change!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by slikster9012 View Post
    nice!! thanks guys for all the help. i decided to just keep the D1 and wait for something else. because there was nothing that the x and 2 really had that got my attention to really make me want it. it seems like everything they have is just slightly better than rooted D1 so hopefully by 1st quarter there is a bigger change!
    I feel exactly the same way. I just rooted my D1 and it is like a new phone. I am very satisfied with it and for the first time in my geeky life I am not in a hurry to get the next phone. The current crop (D2, DX, Fascinate) are not a big enough technology jump for me. I think we will see a much bigger difference in a few months (dual core?). My D1 will keep me happy until then. I think that if I were to get a new phone right now I would really be regretting it in a few months.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid2
    My D1 was replaced with a D2 when my screen died.

After removing the bloat id def have to say my D2 is faster and ive gotten used to the keyboard and like it much better now (hated it at first as i was so used to the old one).

My one complaint is it does seem that the speaker isnt as loud as it was on my D1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links