DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buy Droid Now or Wait?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    From what it seems, they are able to fix most bugs ota. Not only will all droids be getting an update by tomorrow, but there will also be an update around January 22nd. And even before these minor bugs, many claimed that they didn't notice and were obsessed with the phone either way. In other words, droid will keep improving.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    So you guys don't foresee them coming out with a Droid 2 in the near future? LOL
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I think you should ask yourself the question of whether or not you want to be commited to verizon for 1-2 years.

I'm asking myself that, but i'm a new subsciber once the phone comes in from amazon.com I'm just off a attwireless commitment and don't like the iphone I have.

I'm really tempted to get a cheap cheap phone or deal with the iphone and stay on att, despite having crappy reception and a crappy 1st gen iphone.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Grasp today instead of waiting for tomorrow. Why wait for the future when you can enjoy the present...
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mpgolfpro View Post
    So you guys don't foresee them coming out with a Droid 2 in the near future? LOL
    and 3 yes : )
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    I'm in the same boat. I have a Curve and am planning to switch to Droid. Check around on websites and get the best price you can for it! I found Sears and Dell ads (from another thread on this site) with Droids for $149 and I'm going tomorrow to see if Best Buy will match the price.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (v1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpgolfpro View Post
    To be honest, there will always be a 'newer' droid type device in the 'near' future. I mean, heck... Back in June, my company got the Blackberry Story, cause, at the time, it was the most current Blackberry that could be used as a world phone with a camera. 4 months later, the Storm 2 came out as well as an improved Blackberry OS, not to mention the Tour as well.

The thing you want to ask yourself is do I really want to wait or not. No matter how long you wait, the next thing will come out, then the next thing.

What I can say for now, is that the Motorola Droid and the HTC Droid Eris... Are decent and built upon experiences with previous Android phones, like the T-mobile MyTouch G1 phone, which, by the way, is an HTC phone. HTC will be following up with newer phones, like the Hero, Persuasion and more with the other carriers, so your opportunities will open up even further.
  8. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    HTC has a couple of phones coming out in the near future, I believe. You should check those out. You've already seemed to check out the Droid so it's just a matter if there's another phone you like over it.

Seems like if you're asking the question to get it now or later means if you get it now there will be some regret. If I were you, I would just wait.

In the mobile world there is "always something better around the corner". The Droid is top of the line hardware with a well, beta-working, OS. It's already had one major updated and another one is on the way. So if you want a polished OS, I recommend the Eris. If you want the power, and the excitement of knowing the phone only gets better with time, go with the Droid. The new "gPhone" is also being said to be released next month, but that's just a rumor.

From my experience, I came from an AT&T Tilt and I will NEVER go back to WinMo again or any other OS for that matter. I just find Android to be superior and the future of smartphones. It's user-friendly, fast, smooth, open (unlike the iPhone), and customizable, unlike WinMo (which i didn't think i'd find important, but boy was I wrong, one of the strongest features for me.)

All that being said, it's still really up to you. You gotta try out the device and figure out if it's for you. I can definitely say though, that this phone will get better with time.
    Last edited by dezymond; 12-13-2009 at 01:43 AM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    Definately get it now I'm posting this from my droid too
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone