I have received my Samsung Verizon Wireless Network Extender unit today, and decided to post a review on it. Ready? I am!
Here's my signal on my phone before installing the Network Extender (I live in a highly populated metro area).
Great. 0 bars, a few dropped calls. Lets take a look at our Range Extender unit.
Here's the front shot of the unit:
Inside the box:
Cool. Looks simple enough.
The actual unit itself:
Easy. Looks like your standard network access point. What do the instructions say? Plug it in, wait up to an hour, and you're golden (as long as you've activated it).
Here's my signal after installing the range extender:
- Definitely improves cell coverage
- Fairly easy to set up
- You can create a list of people that can and cannot use the extender
- Got it for free!
- Since the unit needs to be located near a window for GPS service... if you are unable to do this, they include a VERY long cord to extend the GPS receiver so you don't need the unit near a window.
- $250 retail
- GPS can take up to an hour to lock onto a signal
- You will only notice your bars increase while making a call, so it will still remain low when you're not in a call.
- Does not do 3G service
- Takes 5-20 minutes to get working
- Shouldn't need these in a highly populated area. Come on Verizon, more towers please!
Overall Score: 8/10