DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the 2.01 be declined ?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid to Incredible

Can the 2.01 be declined ?

..or can the initial OS release be reinstalled. If the truth be known my Droid is working just fine and I am of the mindset "why fix it if it aint broke" mentality. I hardly use the camera and a lot of the other stuff is just mumbo jumbo to me. I imagine this 2.01 is going to be shoved up my a++ whether I like it or not....but I was just wondering if any of you might have an answer ?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    it does give you the option to install now or later.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    ..or can the initial OS release be reinstalled. If the truth be known my Droid is working just fine and I am of the mindset "why fix it if it aint broke" mentality. I hardly use the camera and a lot of the other stuff is just mumbo jumbo to me. I imagine this 2.01 is going to be shoved up my a++ whether I like it or not....but I was just wondering if any of you might have an answer ?
    excuse me if it seems rude but why wouldn't you want to update to the newest firmware? especially since this is a first generation device with known glitches/bugs and the updates address them. Your phone will run smoother once you update. You won't regret it!
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1555 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    if you can handle the constant reminders don't install it. I think at one point you would have to.

It would make for a good experiment.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    well martin, the reason he doesnt want to upgrade is because he feels he doesnt need to, which is a perfectly acceptable reason. another reason most will not want to update is because we are still holding out for a real root where we can install our own roms. if we update then we may be patching a hole in the previous version which the root uses. so if we update then we will only have to wait longer for a root
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    CK. between the bug and your avatar, my eyes just keep bouncing back and forth. lol driving me nuts every time i see one of your posts.

keep up the good work.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The graphical interface on the phone runs faster and smoother, plus increased battery life after the upgrade. IMHO that alone is worth the upgrade, whether or not you use the camera.
    Kent
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EntropikOne View Post
    well martin, the reason he doesnt want to upgrade is because he feels he doesnt need to, which is a perfectly acceptable reason. another reason most will not want to update is because we are still holding out for a real root where we can install our own roms. if we update then we may be patching a hole in the previous version which the root uses. so if we update then we will only have to wait longer for a root
    perfect! a logical answer.... i was just wondering, but this makes sense.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    is it out!?
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (v1)
    The latest Firmware should have started releasing in batches to users as of this morning, 12:00 AM. 200k users would have been pushed the firmware. The next 200k users will get it tonight around 12:00 AM. Whether or not it is PST or EST was not stated, but the roll out for general population should have started in increments as of last night.

Those of you who are impatient and want to do it manually, can reference:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...e-2-0-1-a.html
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links