Hey guys, as the title readily shows, yes I am a proud member of ROOT. Being new to the sceen of root and its many options, lets just say I've had some bumps in the road. I'm going to lay down the story briefly and to the point so you guys can be able to help, if you can.
1) Easy rooted droid/installed plenty of 'goodies' - had a an unofficial flash app installed via apk of course.
2) Decided I wanted the 'official' release...very dumb...lost root and couldn't root back (SU was still showing so I was stuck)
3) RSD lite to a stock 2.2 OS with no SPrecovery...lost my service connections (phone info (ability to make calls etc...), networking etc)...pretty scary at first.
4) Downloaded flash from market..."yeah! official"...not really
5) Tried to easy root again...no go! T_T
6) RSD Lite 4.7'd SPRrecovery to phone using the (FRG01B.SBF for Droid courtesy of RootzWiki - guide provide by unstabbleapps.com)
7). Had some technical difficulties after standard nandroiding and rebooting.
8) Factory Reseted phone to Froyo 2.2 without the OTA notification installed or showing...as of yet. (So FRG01B build # not the FRG22D one...that one probably would have not allowed me to do the last part of #9)
9) Manually reprogrammed my phone to the Verizon network. and got everything back smooth n' going with my previous apps and most importantly easy rooted my phone. All is good...here comes the issue.
10) OTA notification is showing up, I'm rooted without SPrecovery installed. - And I know this 'flash update' has and will yet again screw up my root if i concede to downloading...I refuse to do that again.
How do I avoid this mess and get rid of the OTA notification without having to backtrack and start all over again? (Fun story, huh? ^_^)
Your mercy upon me would be much appreciated! lol