DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going into big red tomorrow..

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Going into big red tomorrow..

Ok so I thought I'd post my story here an hopefully by tomorrow I will have my issues resolved.

Basically my D1 the "F" key came up an I'm going to take it to big red tomorrow as its still under my one year warranty from Motorola. So I'm hoping to walk out of vzw with a new D1 (realllyyyyyyyy don't want a refurbished one) or a D2. Now I don't really want another phone because I love my D1. Now here is where I think that me getting a new phone will be a problem. I have a upgrade on my line for a two new as I used a different upgrade to get my Droid. So I'm worried that they'll just keep pressuring me to take my two new an then they will say its pretty much my only option as my Droid has been E.O.L.

So here's to hoping that ill walk out there with a new phones guys!
    we will drive after a couple beers an NOT make a federal case out of it

Current Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (Stock Locked Bootloader Android 4.3 Jellybean)
    Retired Phone: Original Droid (Rooted and RunningCyanogenmod 7)
    Galaxy Nexus (Rooted and Rommed running JBSorcery 4.3 with Trinity Kernel)
  2. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaShowtime View Post
    Ok so I thought I'd post my story here an hopefully by tomorrow I will have my issues resolved.

Basically my D1 the "F" key came up an I'm going to take it to big red tomorrow as its still under my one year warranty from Motorola. So I'm hoping to walk out of vzw with a new D1 (realllyyyyyyyy don't want a refurbished one) or a D2. Now I don't really want another phone because I love my D1. Now here is where I think that me getting a new phone will be a problem. I have a upgrade on my line for a two new as I used a different upgrade to get my Droid. So I'm worried that they'll just keep pressuring me to take my two new an then they will say its pretty much my only option as my Droid has been E.O.L.

So here's to hoping that ill walk out there with a new phones guys!
    A D2 would be more likely than a new D1 since they don't exist anymore. Refurbs aren't easy to get a hold of either. As far as your New Every Two goes, they can't force that over a warranty issue so be sure to remind them of that. Good luck!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Ok so I just got back from Verizon an here's what went down.

I went in an talked to a Rep an I showed him my keyboard an told him I was typen on my phone my "F" button was coming up an then one time I didn't notice how much an I slid the phone shut an the lip caught the "F" button. So he said that would be covered under warranty (no duh) an he said I'm gonna check the back to see if we have any, an I wanted to say I doubt it but held my tongue. He came back an said they had none in the back but could send me a certified like new one. I told I wanted a brand new because I have friends who got those kind an experience jumpy screens an loose top half's of the Droid. I couldn't stress enough that I didn't want a certified like new but he said my only other option was that I could upgrade with my two new. I told him I was saving that till a phone came out that I really wanted an I only had my Droid for ten months so I wanted my warranty honored he said he understood an all he could offer me is a certified like new Droid. I finally agreed but told him if I had any problems with the phone at all I will be back that day with the phone.

So my "like new" Droid will be here tomorrow or the day after an we'll see where I go from there.

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I don't understand why you expect a new droid for your ten month old device. Can you explain your reasoning please.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X, Galaxy Tab
    Working as a indirect manager, we had a situation similar to this last week.

A customer bought a phone like 3 months ago, had issues and came in get a warranty replacement. We were more than happy to get on the phone and get a CLNR sent out but then she freaked out at us.

The thing is, the warranty is not a verizon thing. It's a Manufacturer thing. Ie: Motorola. True, they ship from and through verizon but what do you think verizon does with the one that you send back? Sends it back to motorola to get credit for it.

So if you really have an issue with it, take it up with motorola. Having said that, depending on your region you're pretty likely to get a brand new D2 in box.
    Droid X - Apex 1.4.1 Watermark'd
    Galaxy Tab - Stock, Rooted

Inventory and Purchasing Manager, Verizon Wireless Premium Agent
    And just for Good Measure, UPSer!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwing View Post
    I don't understand why you expect a new droid for your ten month old device. Can you explain your reasoning please.
    It is the new craze on the forums, everyone is taking their D1s in for warranty work expecting to get a new DX or D2. There is a whole thread about it in the News forum.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwing View Post
    Because under a one year warranty I should get a new device as it claims if anything happens to my droid in one year according to the warranty I get a new device of the same make from them if I'm Correct.

An I didn't freak out the guy we had a pleasent experiance I was just polite an didn't raise my voice I just said an repeated I really didn't want a refurbished Droid an towards the end he seemed to agree with me. Sorry if it seemed like I was rude of being a jerk . I just didn't want a referb but like I said he said it was all he can do so I said I understand an took it. All I wanted was a Droid I never asked if he could replace it with anything else . An tbh I can see in my post where it may seem like I was being a douche but I said it all politely an with a smile. Also I live in Northwestern Ohio so maybe ill get a D2 (Which I kinda don't want) if I do though I'm not gona complain about it but I'm not sure what I send back if I get a d2 haha.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    The peoblem is vzw started sending the d2 to people that took the d1 in for warranty replacement and those people started posting here that this was occuring now everyone wants a d2 when looking for a replacement for the d1. That is verizons fault.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Even though I stated I didn't want a Droid 2 but ok big z? Lol I want what is covered which is the old Droid 1....I don't want the Droid x or Droid two...I like my dpad an my all black phone (an I love it when I overclock it ) if I wanted either I would use my upgrade I just want a Droid no more no less...

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZig View Post
    The peoblem is vzw started sending the d2 to people that took the d1 in for warranty replacement and those people started posting here that this was occuring now everyone wants a d2 when looking for a replacement for the d1. That is verizons fault.

Nope, its people taking advantage of verizon. Id say that the majority of people filing warranty claims lately, never would of even thought of making a claim if they hadnt heard about motorolla exchanging droid 2s for droid 1s and now are just looking for a free upgrade.
    Last edited by Dragoro; 09-08-2010 at 02:16 PM.
    Sent from my Android Acer Iconia 500.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links