DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cover "water damage" area on droid

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Cover "water damage" area on droid

If you open your battery door there is a little circle to the left of your SD card. There are a couple red X's on white paper. this is how verizon tells if you dropped your cell in water. the X's change from red to a different color. i wanted to know id anyone thoguth it would be a good idea to cover the hole with tape. the tape would block water from toughing the paper with X's.

what do you guys think?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by olletsocmit View Post
    If you open your battery door there is a little circle to the left of your SD card. There are a couple red X's on white paper. this is how verizon tells if you dropped your cell in water. the X's change from red to a different color. i wanted to know id anyone thoguth it would be a good idea to cover the hole with tape. the tape would block water from toughing the paper with X's.

what do you guys think?
    Is tape really going to give it an air-tight, waterproof seal? What about the backside of the sticker? Something tells me that Verizon would have probably planned for people who might try to circumvent the water-damage notification.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Doid Bionic
    Let's just hope the Droid doesn't have the same problem iPhones have with their indicator. Many people have reported their indicator changing colors even though they never had it in water (confirmed by countless people). Apparently, if it's in a humid enough environment, it'll change the indicator (like a bathroom when someone takes a shower or a really humid day). When these people have problems with their phone, Apple won't replace it because they claim it was in the water (which voids the warranty).

Theirs turns red (when I saw the one on the Droid I got worried!) and some people have tried bleaching theirs back white with mixed results.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
    Let's just hope the Droid doesn't have the same problem iPhones have with their indicator. Many people have reported their indicator changing colors even though they never had it in water (confirmed by countless people). Apparently, if it's in a humid enough environment, it'll change the indicator (like a bathroom when someone takes a shower or a really humid day). When these people have problems with their phone, Apple won't replace it because they claim it was in the water (which voids the warranty).

Theirs turns red (when I saw the one on the Droid I got worried!) and some people have tried bleaching theirs back white with mixed results.
    We're also talking about the same company that won't honor a service contract because a persons Mac is located in a home with a smoker.

I thought the insurance covered water damage, anyway?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Doid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by zegolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post

We're also talking about the same company that won't honor a service contract because a persons Mac is located in a home with a smoker.

I thought the insurance covered water damage, anyway?
    Don't know about insurance. I won't ever buy insurance on a phone again. It's a ripoff. I asked about it with the Droid. It was expensive (monthly) and a high deductible.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    $6 a month with a $89 deductible?

That's less than $250 over the course of 2 years which beats the hell out of paying $500 for a brand new phone 2 months into a contract if, for example, you toss it into a urinal (as I've done in the past).
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

That's less than $250 over the course of 2 years which beats the hell out of paying $500 for a brand new phone 2 months into a contract if, for example, you toss it into a urinal (as I've done in the past).

I had debated about insurance, but most things I have I never let get broken......people keep saying this type of thing about the insurance..........the funny thing is, the phone will not always cost 595(i think is the official price now), so down the road, in a year or two if the phone were to break it won't cost as much as people keep quoting, it may be closer to like $100-200
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by comic0guy View Post

I had debated about insurance, but most things I have I never let get broken......people keep saying this type of thing about the insurance..........the funny thing is, the phone will not always cost 595(i think is the official price now), so down the road, in a year or two if the phone were to break it won't cost as much as people keep quoting, it may be closer to like $100-200
    I, too, debated this until I tossed my phone in a urinal. Nothing convinces you to buy insurance more than having to talk into a pee-soaked phone.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by comic0guy View Post

I, too, debated this until I tossed my phone in a urinal. Nothing convinces you to buy insurance more than having to talk into a pee-soaked phone.
    Yea sounds about right in that situation......though personally can't ever imagine needing to use my phone when in front of the urinal or even in the bathroom at all
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Don't forget being stolen, any other unforeseeable misadventure. Yes, I try my best to take care of my stuff but things happen.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links