DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Do I still need to install Flash 10.1 after 2.2 upgrade?

  1. Droid
    jismail's Avatar
    Member #
    2174
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Do I still need to install Flash 10.1 after 2.2 upgrade?

    Is the flash that is in the 2.2 upgrade all inclusive of 10.1 or do I still need to install the 10.1 apk to get the full Adobe flash functionality?
  2. Soulless Droid
    zerosouls's Avatar
    Member #
    67853
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Menzoberranzan
    Posts
    1,100
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member
    #2
    Check the market for flash. Is it installed? If not install it.

    Sent by nailing my note to a messanger, punching him thru a window on a 40 story building where on the street level another messanger would take the note from the first messanger and deliver it
    Feel like a geek?: http://gplus.to/GeekPlus
  3. Droid
    jismail's Avatar
    Member #
    2174
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #3
    I didnt see it on the market anymore.....
  4. Soulless Droid
    zerosouls's Avatar
    Member #
    67853
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Menzoberranzan
    Posts
    1,100
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member
  5. Droid
    jismail's Avatar
    Member #
    2174
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #5
    Thanks for the link but my question is more along the line of do I still need to use this apk or does the default Flash components embedded in 2.2 have all the same functionality or is there parts in the apk that would be addtional features not found in the 2.2 embedded flash that warrent me installing the apk?
  6. Developer
    tcrews's Avatar
    Member #
    31907
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    1,353
    Liked
    64 times
    Twitter
    SnkBitten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jismail View Post
    Thanks for the link but my question is more along the line of do I still need to use this apk or does the default Flash components embedded in 2.2 have all the same functionality or is there parts in the apk that would be addtional features not found in the 2.2 embedded flash that warrent me installing the apk?
    There are no Flash components embedded in 2.2. Flash is from Adobe, 2.2 is from Google.

    You still need to install the app. Flash, on every Android phone that supports it, is an app. Some phones come with it pre-installed, some phones need to download it from the Market.
    Tom Crews
    SnkBitten - http://android.snkbitten.com/ (OG Droid)
    Motorola Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3 and Droid 4 (all + Root)
    Motorola X DevEd KK 4.4 + Root
    Google Nexus 10 KK 4.4.2 + Root

  7. Junior Droid
    gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    91220
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Droid X
    #7
    Let me ask the question this way, after the 2.2 update i have flash, it says so in my system apps, but not in the market. When i go to market and search for Flash 10.1 it says "free" it does not say it is "installed", but I can watch and do have flash in my browser.
    So should I installed it or not from the market, thanks
  8. Senior Droid
    tonydelite's Avatar
    Member #
    48177
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Posts
    188
    Phone
    RAZR
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by gateway View Post
    Let me ask the question this way, after the 2.2 update i have flash, it says so in my system apps, but not in the market. When i go to market and search for Flash 10.1 it says "free" it does not say it is "installed", but I can watch and do have flash in my browser.
    So should I installed it or not from the market, thanks
    If you can see it in the market, you should install it. It is probably a newer version of Flash than what came with the Droid X 2.2 Update.
  9. Droid
    smrivera80's Avatar
    Member #
    55234
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    rainbow_spark
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydelite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gateway View Post
    Let me ask the question this way, after the 2.2 update i have flash, it says so in my system apps, but not in the market. When i go to market and search for Flash 10.1 it says "free" it does not say it is "installed", but I can watch and do have flash in my browser.
    So should I installed it or not from the market, thanks
    If you can see it in the market, you should install it. It is probably a newer version of Flash than what came with the Droid X 2.2 Update.
    This is correct, gateway. There is an updated version of Flash in the Market that is not bundled with 2.2, so yes you should download the app in the Market.
    I

    Smartphone History:
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid X
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE (current)

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. help with flash with 2.2 upgrade
    By mclaughlingrc1 in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 08:10 AM
  2. i got the 2nd update but cant install flash!!!
    By mamacita4two in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 03:55 PM
  3. Install OTA Flash??
    By pchakmak in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 06:21 AM
  4. How do I install Flash Player?
    By Omegaxboy in forum LithiumMod
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 07:06 PM
  5. Request : Install Flash Player 10.1
    By Dricos in forum Motorola Milestone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 03:33 PM

Search tags for this page

adobe flash for android 4.2.2

,
can i download adobe flash 11 for my incredible 2
,

do i need adobe flash for my android

,

do i need adobe flash for my android phone

,

do i need adobe flash on my android

,

do i need adobe flash on my android phone

,

do i need flash on my android

,

find a download for adobe flash for my droid incredible

,

flash for 2.2 apk

,

flash player android 2.2 apk

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+