DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting to regret moto droid. HTC any better?

Member #
    Phone
    moto droid

Starting to regret moto droid. HTC any better?

Hey guys,
    I'm having 2nd thoughts. I had TONS of trouble with my motorola droid since I got it in february. I just had to return it, it had awful problems and kept getting worse until the screen died. So I got a replacement thru verizon, and this one's having troubles too, after less than a week. In the meantime, my wife is sitting here with a 1.5 year old blackberry, and never has any problems, and always works, AND gets better 3g coverage than me. It bugs the piss out of me always getting ragged about my droid never working right. Is it just because it was their first shot at a phone like this? Is a droid 2 like the env2? (env came out, sucked bigtime, and they came out with env2 to fix the problems shortly after) I know it's not the OS, I love android. But I'm beginning to hate my motorola droid. It's factory, I never do anything to it like rooting and whatnot. I still have troubles with it ALL the time. I was looking forward to my replacement to have a phone that works. But it's got the same problems and I'm sure it will die shortly also. This is BS. Paying top dollar for a top of the line phone, and then having problems with it. My friends are having the same problems. Touchscreen not working often, freezing up majorly, I even have 3 dead pixels on this one. My question is....will I have a better phone if I go to HTC products? I will replace this droid...I'd like to stick with android, but I've been turned off to motorola products majorly. I'm sick and tired of having problems with my droids. Should I hold out for a nice HTC or Samsung droid? Or go with the top of the line blackberry (their stability makes up for their shortcomings in my opinion)? Any advice would be great, I'm tired of having a crappy phone. I have had soo many problems with my moto droids, I want to just crush them and get another brand. Thanks guys, I'm really discouraged over this!

Ian

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Sounds like bad luck. No problems at all with my Droid. Same for my wife.

Try another device and see if your luck improves.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    FYI you probably aren't going to get very many serious/nice responses in this thread. You are in a Droid forum talking about how horrible the phone is and asking if you should get a competitors phone.

I have had no major issues with my Droid, and I think you will find many other people will say the same thing. Smart phones are basically computer packed into a super small package, there are going to be lemons and sometimes a few issues. All smart phones have some kinds of issues, I would suggest doing some research into the issues you are having or possibly going back and talking to Verizon about a replacement phone. As far as switching to HTC, I have never owned one but I have heard good things.
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    But it bugs me, because I know tons of other people have the same problems. Like a big one, the phantom touchscreen. Started happening to me yesterday with this phone. Happened nearly every day with my last one. Lots of people won't admit it, but tons of people put up with problems on their droid just because it does soo many neat things and theyr embarassed to admit lots of them are junk.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Id say it is just your luck, i have not had any problems, nor have a few people i know that have had it since it came out. Think you just been getting lemons
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X
    I had terrible luck with my HTC phone and have had no issues with my droid. I had 7 replacements on my touch pro before I gave up.
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Maybe I do have bad luck. But I've seen lots of people here with the same problems. Screen acts like a ghost is dragging his finger all around the screen back and forth. Online there's lots of problems with the same thing. Itl get soo bad, I won't let you do anything because it thinks someboey else is already moving crap around and scrolling. Its not just me.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by bamarammin87 View Post
    But it bugs me, because I know tons of other people have the same problems. Like a big one, the phantom touchscreen. Started happening to me yesterday with this phone. Happened nearly every day with my last one. Lots of people won't admit it, but tons of people put up with problems on their droid just because it does soo many neat things and theyr embarassed to admit lots of them are junk.
    You will find that tons of people had plenty of problems with their blackberrys and Iphones also. There are some definite lemons out there and I have read of plenty of problems but this tends to happen with smart phones. I can honestly say I haven't had any major problems and neither has my wife. It sucks you are having this many issues but you might run into the same thing with any phone you pick up. The best thing to do is go to a verizon store and see what your options are. I hope you find one that works well for you
    Last edited by warrior21; 08-27-2010 at 08:44 AM.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having so many problems. I had a droid from the day it came out and never had any issues with it at all. My friend has one as well and doesn't have any issues either. I switched to the droid x (and i love it) because I love have new technology, but the droid was a great phone for me. Whatever you decide hopefully you will have better luck.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links