DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DROID Switching bootup ICONS

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    I haven't forgotten you. I am working on getting you a solution. Hang with me here for a few more minutes............
    Still here.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallica View Post
    You could download a Rom from DF and install Rom from sdcard in Rom Manager.

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away
    Great. I looked in the DF for Themes, and I found one called FRG22_MotaBoy_D2_Black_Theme that looked cool, so I connected my phone to my PC and dragged it to the Folder. I went to ROM Manager, and clicked Install ROM from SD card. I enabled the two options that you told me to enable, and then it downloaded. Then when my phone went to reboot, it is now stuck on the Motorola screen.

Nice. I am a failure.

I tried putting it into Clockwork, and erasing all data and re-booting but it just stays on the Motorola screen. What do I do now???
  3. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    You are not a failure. Okay, first go back to the recovery menu and wipe everything again, then reboot. I have another rescue squad member reading this thread to see what we can do to get you fixed. I think at this point you are going to have to change recoveries and then download a rom with google apps to get your droid fixed. then you can change it however you want. But I am trying to confirm this..... For right now go into your recovery wipe everything and reboot. Let me know when you are booted back up.
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    And in steps more help, lol

smoked glass theme, black glass theme, doesn't matter much.

Personally, I'd start over. Unroot, then reroot. That way you know you are starting with a clean slate. The RS Guides section has a couple of methods of doing so. The one I'm most familiar with is rsd lite and sbf. 3rd link in my signature. That first post also tells you how to do a backup.

You need to get back to the state so you can install a rom. The free RM version should let you install at least one rom. Using RM flash alternative recovery tool, then flash clockwork again, see if that helps, if not use the suggested link to install rsd lite.

Someone else also just posted this, in the news section: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...t-rsdlite.html

I highly suggest reading through this material, understanding what each step does, then proceeding. It also is a good idea to know how to undo what is about to be done in case you don't like the results.

Choose a method, use RSD Lite or the other post, but get your phone back to stock, then root again. Any questions are best asked before selecting an option as lots here will lend a hand.

Don't worry about your contacts and your apps. They are safe up in the cloud. Once you get the market and gmail back it will all sync up again. If you see your contacts at gmail.com you are good to go.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KShizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallica View Post
    You could download a Rom from DF and install Rom from sdcard in Rom Manager.

Great. I looked in the DF for Themes, and I found one called FRG22_MotaBoy_D2_Black_Theme that looked cool, so I connected my phone to my PC and dragged it to the Folder. I went to ROM Manager, and clicked Install ROM from SD card. I enabled the two options that you told me to enable, and then it downloaded. Then when my phone went to reboot, it is now stuck on the Motorola screen.

Nice. I am a failure.

I tried putting it into Clockwork, and erasing all data and re-booting but it just stays on the Motorola screen. What do I do now???
    It seems to me you keep trying to install themes not Roms. Wipe data and cache again, reboot and check the sapphire wiki for gapps. Not on my PC so I can't link you.

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    You are not a failure. Okay, first go back to the recovery menu and wipe everything again, then reboot. I have another rescue squad member reading this thread to see what we can do to get you fixed. I think at this point you are going to have to change recoveries and then download a rom with google apps to get your droid fixed. then you can change it however you want. But I am trying to confirm this..... For right now go into your recovery wipe everything and reboot. Let me know when you are booted back up.
    I cleared All User Data, and also cache. Then I clicked Reboot device, and it is still stuck on the Motorola screen. Not getting past that. HELP?
    Last edited by KShizzle; 08-26-2010 at 04:34 PM.
  7. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    By any chance are you using easy root??? If so, stop. Follow the link in my signature and re-root and get back to a clean slate. Then we can address whether you want a rom or just a theme and go from there.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    By any chance are you using easy root??? If so, stop. Follow the link in my signature and re-root and get back to a clean slate. Then we can address whether you want a rom or just a theme and go from there.
    I DID NOT use EasyRoot. I used this link that I saw on DROIDLIFE just a few hours ago:
    How to: Root Android 2.2 for the Motorola DROID

My Current problem is that I do not know how to return to the home screen. I am stuck at the Motorola Screen, and I've tried clearing all data and Rebooting but it is still the same.
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    I DID NOT use EasyRoot. I used this link that I saw on DROIDLIFE just a few hours ago:

My Current problem is that I do not know how to return to the home screen. I am stuck at the Motorola Screen, and I've tried clearing all data and Rebooting but it is still the same.
    So much for "avoiding a long drawn out process like rsd lite".

If you keep coming up to the (M) logo screen and the phone just reboots can you get into recovery mode by holding down the X key and not letting go of it as it boots up? From there you can flash a rom but you need to get it onto your phone. I'm not familiar with Clockwork but with SPRecovery you can mount your card from recovery. You can work through the missing pieces and try and get things going, and most likely succeed but I think getting back to stock and starting over will be a faster solution. Up to you which path you want to take, folks will be glad to lend a hand either way.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by christim View Post

So much for "avoiding a long drawn out process like rsd lite".

If you keep coming up to the (M) logo screen and the phone just reboots can you get into recovery mode by holding down the X key and not letting go of it as it boots up? From there you can flash a rom but you need to get it onto your phone. I'm not familiar with Clockwork but with SPRecovery you can mount your card from recovery. You can work through the missing pieces and try and get things going, and most likely succeed but I think getting back to stock and starting over will be a faster solution. Up to you which path you want to take, folks will be glad to lend a hand either way.
    OK. I was able to MOUNT my Droid to the PC, can you lead me step by step on what to do? It is MUCH appreciated.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Links