DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thinking of getting a droid

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by reaversrock2 View Post
    yea ive looked and played with a bunch of phones and the droid is a beast, but like i say i would hate for verizon to put 4g nationwide early-mid next year and be stuck with a "dated" phone(and yea, iPhones not in the picture)- im not really considering any other phone just want to think that after having a basic phone for years my new toy wont be old next week
    Trust me the Droid will be relevant for quite awhile, too much invested by too many for it not to be. But there will be newer devices coming out built out of the evolution of the Droid. Look at the way laptops have grown and evolved in the last 6 - 8 years. The 1st laptop that I ever bought many years ago is still a good machine. Doesn't have as many features as the latest laptops out there though.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    There's always--ALWAYS--going to be something better in the future. That's just the way things are. You can either get yourself in the game now and have fun, or suit-up and wait until your team finally makes it to The Series. (All-the-while not letting yourself experience the thrills of the regular season with your team.)

- Mega (who plays senior baseball and cannot wait until March, but is definitely having fun with the DROID now!!!)
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    fyi for everyone the droid does not contain the necessary hardware to run 4g. no phone on the market right now does. besides 4g being available in as many areas as 3g is right now is about 2 years away. yes they will start deploying it mid-late 2010 but it will be sparse to start. when 4g is everywhere there will be new phones but by then your 2 year contract will be up and you can get the newest 4g phone. I'm hoping they continue the Droid onto the 4g network say the Droid II?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2.0
    Even if someone is not super high tech, the Droid is a basic phone that has great functionality. THEN Add a few apps and start browsing...THIS thing is a Maserati heading down the highway doing 185+....You will not regret making the decision....I tried one out for a week first....Took a little getting used to, but would not go back to the BB Tour full time for anything....
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthinker View Post
    Even if someone is not super high tech, the Droid is a basic phone that has great functionality. THEN Add a few apps and start browsing...THIS thing is a Maserati heading down the highway doing 185+....You will not regret making the decision....I tried one out for a week first....Took a little getting used to, but would not go back to the BB Tour full time for anything....
    Plus, you could probably recommend the Eris for anyone that might be scared of the Droid. It's like Droid Lite.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (v1)
    Quote Originally Posted by zegolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthinker View Post
    Plus, you could probably recommend the Eris for anyone that might be scared of the Droid. It's like Droid Lite.
    I would also recommend the Eris. It uses an older version of Android OS, but still just as good as the Motorola Droid. The Motorola Droid will have some extra abilities, but mostly stemming from design along with having the 2.0 OS.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links