DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So 2.2 bricked my phone but verizon doesnt have any droids

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

So 2.2 bricked my phone but verizon doesnt have any droids

Yeah so pretty much verizon told me today that the motorola droid is backordered for 3-4 weeks which will be how l,ong until I have a cell phone again. They checked the whole state of florida for a droid and not a single one. Got to love customer service for helping me out (not) So anyone have any ideas on how to get a phone? incase someone says activate an old phone thats not possible because ive donated all my old phones and wont buy a new one because I am a broke college student. Verizon in boca raton, guaranteed my phone would be overnighted and I would have that phone today but I guess they lied because there isnt any phones.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2.2
    How did updating brick your phone? These phones are nearly impossible to brick
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    How did it brick your phone?

This is pobably because the droid 2 was released, now people start to have problems with their phones hoping they will get a droid 2 lol
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiracing108 View Post
    Yeah so pretty much verizon told me today that the motorola droid is backordered for 3-4 weeks which will be how l,ong until I have a cell phone again. They checked the whole state of florida for a droid and not a single one. Got to love customer service for helping me out (not) So anyone have any ideas on how to get a phone? incase someone says activate an old phone thats not possible because ive donated all my old phones and wont buy a new one because I am a broke college student. Verizon in boca raton, guaranteed my phone would be overnighted and I would have that phone today but I guess they lied because there isnt any phones.
    Same happened to me--they SWORE I'd get the FedEx delivery today by 1pm. 3.30pm I went to the store--there wasn't even a tracking number registered. So anyway--after I started fussing and telling them I wanted a new Droid 2, they offered me a loaner BlackBerry Storm 2. Before we got to that point, the manager started telling me "this is happening to 1000s of people" [implying I shouldn't expect the store to cope with it]. My reply to that was--this is my problem HOW? Anyway, after lots of back and forth and a second hour of my time (after an hour yesterday, plus time in between trying solutions at home that I found online), I DO have a functional phone for the time being--although one I do NOT like...But I can't deny it IS better than no phone at all. My advice to you is to go to a store with your facts and tell them it is not acceptable to have no phone for the duration, and you'll accept a loaner that you will return (with the return label provided by Verizon) when you get a Droid. Or you'll take a new other model...Sorry you're going through this--I gotta say, it helps me to know it isn't just something *I* did to the phone! Good luck!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mdloops View Post
    It happened to me, there's several threads covering this already.

I took mine into the Verizon corporate store and after checking the phone's status, they ordered me a replacement right away. Bricked on Tuesday, replacement refurb in my hand on Wednesday afternoon.

It could be that they've run out of refurbs by now, after four days of this.

I don't know what the threshold is to demand, and get, a new Droid 2 or X, but that's what should happen if there's no immediate replacement. If they wanted say, $50 to go with a new unit, that's reasonable, but immediate replacement is what you want.
    Pat
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mdloops View Post
    That's two of us who posted before you did--you can be sure that we were a VERY small portion of the sample, apart from the MANY MANY threads on this topic. It really was NOT stupidity on our part, and apparently "nearly" impossible does NOT equal impossible! Feel lucky the update bug didn't hit you! Me, I'm going out to buy a lottery ticket, having accomplished the "nearly impossible" once already this week!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by iPirate View Post
    How did it brick your phone?

This is pobably because the droid 2 was released, now people start to have problems with their phones hoping they will get a droid 2 lol
    Yeah, I really want all this headache: 2+ trips to the corporate store, replacing my Seidio case/holster/car mount, reloading all of my downloads, no phone for (however long)--I'm just milking the system.

If anything, they want to sell more Droid 2s so the engineers planted a bug.

Thanks, ipirate, for your faith in humanity. OTOH, I'd guess your screen name tells us more than a little about you.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    its simple, the ota update downloaded and when my phone went to reboot it didn't get past the motorola logo. factory wiped still nothing, The store in boca raton refuses to give me a loaner phone and to be honest I don't care what phone I get as long as I have some form of a phone till I can get a new one. I don't want an upgrade, I just want my regular moto droid
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Can't u just flash the sbf and restore it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    DROID Bionic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSami View Post
    Can't u just flash the sbf and restore it.
    Nope, that won't work.
    Pat
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links