DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Major Major PROBLEMS!!! PLS HELP!!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Major Major PROBLEMS!!! PLS HELP!!

Ok so I been prompt this morning for 2.2 update. Since then, my phone has been VERY VERY SLOW!! I cant even open youtube on my home screen widget. Its unresponsive. Home screen lags and takes time to for icons to show up. SMS messaging is slow and sometimes wont even let me input a respone or message since for some reason the text box wont highlight without touching it a couple times. Same goes for everything else. I have to touch everything a million times for it to open and everything is so choppy.

any solution to this? I wanna go back to 2.1 if its possible. Im not that smart when it comes to these tech things so can someone explain the easy way on how to solve this? really really frustrating. thanks!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Same thing happened to me two days ago. What worked for me was removing bTunes and Advanced Task Manager. Everything's been fine since then.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Thanks moonatics!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by rayswift View Post
    Ok so I been prompt this morning for 2.2 update. Since then, my phone has been VERY VERY SLOW!! I cant even open youtube on my home screen widget. Its unresponsive. Home screen lags and takes time to for icons to show up. SMS messaging is slow and sometimes wont even let me input a respone or message since for some reason the text box wont highlight without touching it a couple times. Same goes for everything else. I have to touch everything a million times for it to open and everything is so choppy.

any solution to this? I wanna go back to 2.1 if its possible. Im not that smart when it comes to these tech things so can someone explain the easy way on how to solve this? really really frustrating. thanks!
    are you rooted?
    Droid X
    MIUI 1.8.19 (Weekly Updates)
    Baseband BP_C_01.09.13P

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by icebluemale30 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rayswift View Post

are you rooted?
    Follow these simple instructions to fix your problem ! go back to stock 2.0.1 then OTA update to 2.2 again make sure to wipe all data and cache !

SBF to root and to unroot
    Droid X
    MIUI 1.8.19 (Weekly Updates)
    Baseband BP_C_01.09.13P

6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Guide to a succesful 2.2 update:
    1.Remove your task killer
    2.Update

Links