DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: update stinks

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

update stinks

I installed the 2.2 update and a few things happend. i lost my vibration feedback when typing. and lost about 40 megaboits of available memory, when i use my task killer i used to have 97 meg of memory but now after i kill my tasks i have 52 at most using the gallixy live wallpaper. and last but not least froyo isnt even on it.

is there anyting good on this update besides the 5 screens?

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by zadam123 View Post
    I installed the 2.2 update and a few things happend. i lost my vibration feedback when typing. and lost about 40 megaboits of available memory, when i use my task killer i used to have 97 meg of memory but now after i kill my tasks i have 52 at most using the gallixy live wallpaper. and last but not least froyo isnt even on it.

ITs faster and has a bunch of updates i wont list. No need for taskkillers. that will free up some of your memory. (android OS doesnt need task killers)
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted Droid 2
    I love 2.2 its very noticeable how much smoother it runs
  5. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Your post is a little confusing, FroYo is 2.2

The haptic feedback option is in settings/sounds

The android O/S has a very efficient task management program built in, if you are using a task killer it is actually working against your system and causing space and memory conflicts, uninstall the task killer and reboot your device, you should then see great improvements on speed and productivity from the O/S of your phone

There is a lot going on in 2.2 that you might not even notice, JIT Compiler makes your device 40% faster when launching apps and browsing, with apps2sd, you can put some apps on your sd card to save precious internal memory, flash capabilities, the lock screen has a plethora of new options and so much more..

keep us posted with your experience and any more questions feel free to ask
    Last edited by tp7six; 08-20-2010 at 04:36 AM.

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoneygreen View Post

ITs faster and has a bunch of updates i wont list. No need for taskkillers. that will free up some of your memory. (android OS doesnt need task killers)
    If you don't need task killer why every time i turn on my phone programs pop up that i've never used before.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Did my update 2 days ago, phones performance has plummeted! Very laggy, takes 3-5 seconds for home screen to redraw every time I come out of an app or return from browser. Keyboard can't keep up with my typing (laggy) and I don't even know how to type, so you can imagine how slow it is! Tried powering on/off, battery pull, cleared caches, no improvement. I'm running Launcher Pro, anyone have any suggestions? I'm really ticked off at this point, performance has decreased by at least 50%! Strange thing is, my quadrant score went from about 380 to like 850, not that I have any clue what that means! Can anyone help me get my phones performance back to the way it was?
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member

If you don't need task killer why every time i turn on my phone programs pop up that i've never used before.
    Those ones that pop up aren't wasting memory
    As tparker and others have said. Get rid of the task killer. Andriod does not need it.

Trust us
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by nooter99 View Post
    Did my update 2 days ago, phones performance has plummeted! Very laggy, takes 3-5 seconds for home screen to redraw every time I come out of an app or return from browser. Keyboard can't keep up with my typing (laggy) and I don't even know how to type, so you can imagine how slow it is! Tried powering on/off, battery pull, cleared caches, no improvement. I'm running Launcher Pro, anyone have any suggestions? I'm really ticked off at this point, performance has decreased by at least 50%! Strange thing is, my quadrant score went from about 380 to like 850, not that I have any clue what that means! Can anyone help me get my phones performance back to the way it was?
    Having same exact issues, also running launcher pro.tried to switch back to default launcher and still ran like crap. Everything has been slowed down. Not a single benefit from this update
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallica View Post
    As tparker and others have said. Get rid of the task killer. Andriod does not need it.

Trust us
    So you're saying that Android as a whole doesn't need a Task Manager? Then every Verizon rep should know this because they even installed if FOR me on my phone saying my phone would die in an instant without it haha.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappuchica View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallica View Post

Trust us
    So you're saying that Android as a whole doesn't need a Task Manager? Then every Verizon rep should know this because they even installed if FOR me on my phone saying my phone would die in an instant without it haha.
    That is exactly what we are saying, and Verizon reps as a whole are not nearly as knowlegable as the members of this forum are about android. They are just there to sell phones.

Here is a very good thread about task killers.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...evelopers.html
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links