DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Rom manager question

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    motorola droid

Rom manager question

Hey all. I hope this is the right forum for this question ...

I rooted the other day and bought rom manager. I download a rom but didn't install it. Now I can't find it. I see an option to clear the dl cashe but I don't want to clear it or dl it again if I Don't have to. I went through the clockwork dir and seen all kinds of folders. Seems to be sorted by dev but no roms. So,

My q: is.... where does rom manager store the dled roms? .

Thanks to all. This forum rocks because the users are super helpful and patient with me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @brute48
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I believe they are downloaded and stored to the SD card. When you go into recovery you should have the option to download a zip file from the SD card. I am pretty new to my rooted droid myself. Hopefully this helps.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by brute48 View Post
    I believe they are downloaded and stored to the SD card. When you go into recovery you should have the option to download a zip file from the SD card. I am pretty new to my rooted droid myself. Hopefully this helps.
    Thanks brute. Do you know where on the SD card. Its not on the root directory. I manualy updated and then renamed the file before I downloaded anything else. That's the only zip file on my SD cards root dir. Thanks for your input hopefully we can figure this out.

5. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @brute48
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    If you are useing a different browser other that stock.... like xscope it will have it in the download folder for the browser app. ... Do you have ASTRO?

You will need to move it to the root from that folder.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    My ROM manager drops its files into clockworkmod > download. Unfortunately, after that point, its finding out which folder to look in for your particular ROM.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by harrellj View Post
    My ROM manager drops its files into clockworkmod > download. Unfortunately, after that point, its finding out which folder to look in for your particular ROM.

Found it. Thanks harrellj. Its named update-cm-5.0.8-Droid-signed.zip. in the koush Dir. Funny thing it that there are smaller update-cm-5.0.8-Droid-signed.zip.tmp files in a few other dirs as well. Not to weird but They seem to be folders dedicated to other devs.

I have estrongs file manager and astro brute :-) I used the market app to dl the file. Got everything backed up with titanium backup, astro and estrongs. (Jik)

Gonna start rom tasting here as soon as I finish my little txt exchange with the gf.

If mods read this.. can you please delete the other copies of this thread. I posted it a few places because I wasn't sure where the best place was and the board is so active that by the time I hit post it was like 10 down already. Sorry. Thanx

Links