DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Voice Dialer-Does anyone use it without problems?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    XT1080M

Question Voice Dialer-Does anyone use it without problems?

It pretty much guesses (wrongly) in what I am saying. 10% of the time, it is correct. Any hints or settings to change are appreciated. Maybe there will be an update to understand Texas talk

If there is another app that will allow you to record your voice with your numbers so it can recognize what is being said a little easier, please let me know what it may be named.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Well, to answer your question you asked in the title... Yes, I use it, with the only problem being a few... odd... names. Other than that, it works fine (for me), for contacts, dialing, Maps and Search 99% of the time.

There really probably should be some way to train the software for different... regions... but at present, I guess either you will have to change how you speak to your Droid, or start entering names based on how they SOUND to the Droid (when you say them), rather than spelling them correctly. (At least for now)
  4. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I'm now using handsfree BT voice dialing and it works perfectly :-)
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    My voice dial has never worked properly so far with my Droid. At least my Voyager I had before this phone worked correctly on voice dialing
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    XT1080M
    Thanks for the replies. Only voice dialer is difficult, maps, searches, etc., work fine. I will check out BT voice dialing-thanks 928. Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid firmware v2.2

Wink Voice dialer- soom room for improvement

Yeah I would think a good voice dialing application would have been part of a standard OS build. My blackberry from 5 years had that.....and it worked well. I hope the developers address this in the next update as this is a core application of any phone. Also, it easily could be another defect in the Droid armor from attacks of the iPhone lamerz .
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    i dont use it a whole lot but the dozen or so times i have used it has worked like a charm
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmanjack View Post
    Yeah I would think a good voice dialing application would have been part of a standard OS build. My blackberry from 5 years had that.....and it worked well. I hope the developers address this in the next update as this is a core application of any phone. Also, it easily could be another defect in the Droid armor from attacks of the iPhone lamerz .
    Well, I guess it depends on who you are (or who your friends are, since those are the names you are saying), but I find the voice dialer application excellent and thus is "standard with the OS build"
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid firmware v2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmanjack View Post
    Well, I guess it depends on who you are (or who your friends are, since those are the names you are saying), but I find the voice dialer application excellent and thus is "standard with the OS build"
    Jaymonster,

It is possible I may not be explaining my issue correctly, but I will try to clarify this further. I think it is fair to assume that if I executed the voice dial program and said "call mom at home" it would then dial the number automatically, if it found a match. In my case, it finds the contact correctly, but then I have to select this contact on the screen -even if it the only match. Once again, with previous phones, I did not have to take any additional action if the voice search for a contact successfuly found the contact. Does your voice dial yield the same results? Is there something I can do so my expected results are met?
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by 928Droid View Post
    I'm now using handsfree BT voice dialing and it works perfectly :-)
    I'm just curious as to how you do this. I have a bluetooth headset at the office that is perfect for my particular situation. However, when I long-press the Search icon and then say to "Call..somebody" I feel that the phone is actually "hearing" me rather than some magical transference from my bluetooth microphone to the Droid.

Again, just curious what procedure or app you're using that really means that you're using your bluetooth microphone to do voice dialing....

Thanks,
    Ben
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links