DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Voice Dialer-Does anyone use it without problems?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid w/ DroidMod ROM
    i have not had any issues using voice dialer at all. voice to text for text messages is another story all together.

try slowing your speech pattern down slightly and enunciate clearly. this is what i told my friend to do and he hasnt had any issues on his droid since.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iba10753 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 928Droid View Post
    I'm now using handsfree BT voice dialing and it works perfectly :-)
    I'm just curious as to how you do this. I have a bluetooth headset at the office that is perfect for my particular situation. However, when I long-press the Search icon and then say to "Call..somebody" I feel that the phone is actually "hearing" me rather than some magical transference from my bluetooth microphone to the Droid.

Again, just curious what procedure or app you're using that really means that you're using your bluetooth microphone to do voice dialing....

Thanks,
    Ben
    I don't know how the previous poster does it but I do it with the Blue Ant Q1. It absolutely allows hands free dialing BUT you are limited to only 8 numbers.

I just got mine today and tested it. The way it works is when an incoming call comes through you press the volume rocker after the call. It remembers the call number and ask you what you want to assign it.

They can be pricey, I got mine on ebay for 48 bucks. I've seen them over 100.00.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iba10753 View Post
    I'm just curious as to how you do this. I have a bluetooth headset at the office that is perfect for my particular situation. However, when I long-press the Search icon and then say to "Call..somebody" I feel that the phone is actually "hearing" me rather than some magical transference from my bluetooth microphone to the Droid.

Again, just curious what procedure or app you're using that really means that you're using your bluetooth microphone to do voice dialing....

Thanks,
    Ben
    I don't know how the previous poster does it but I do it with the Blue Ant Q1. It absolutely allows hands free dialing BUT you are limited to only 8 numbers.

I just got mine today and tested it. The way it works is when an incoming call comes through you press the volume rocker after the call. It remembers the call number and ask you what you want to assign it.

They can be pricey, I got mine on ebay for 48 bucks. I've seen them over 100.00.
    Yep, the combination of BlueAnt Q1, Voice Dialer HF, and Button Shortcut (used to remap camera button to open Voice Dialer HF) gives he Droid as good as it's gonna get(for now) for "HandsFree" Voice Dialing.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member

Yep, the combination of BlueAnt Q1, Voice Dialer HF, and Button Shortcut (used to remap camera button to open Voice Dialer HF) gives he Droid as good as it's gonna get(for now) for "HandsFree" Voice Dialing.
    I don't use Button Shortcut or Voice Dialer HF. I imagine if you wanted to go beyond the 8 numbers you would need that.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    The voice search on my droid works great, the voice dialer on the other hand is pathetic. I live in the midwest(known for having very clean english) and the damn thing can't even get "dial mom" correct.
  6. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA5 View Post
    The voice search on my droid works great, the voice dialer on the other hand is pathetic. I live in the midwest(known for having very clean english) and the damn thing can't even get "dial mom" correct.
    I had the same problem, rarely did it get it right and always had to chose from a list. It never got my wifes name right EVER.

I downloaded Voice Dialer HF from DfxMobile and it nails it correct everytime, even from 20 feet away from my phone with ambient noise. PLUS it voice confirms your selectiona dn when you say "yes" it dials the number. Only one button tap to activate the app and from then on it is totally handsfree.

Cost $3.99 but well worth it. I know you will not be dissapointed!

Link to website for User Guide .. Voice Dialer HF (DFXmobile)

QR Code for app in Market
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    303 5968982
    Is that an app? I've been looking for one to no avail
  8. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    XT1080M

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA5 View Post
    I had the same problem, rarely did it get it right and always had to chose from a list. It never got my wifes name right EVER.

I downloaded Voice Dialer HF from DfxMobile and it nails it correct everytime, even from 20 feet away from my phone with ambient noise. PLUS it voice confirms your selectiona dn when you say "yes" it dials the number. Only one button tap to activate the app and from then on it is totally handsfree.

Cost $3.99 but well worth it. I know you will not be dissapointed!

Link to website for User Guide .. Voice Dialer HF (DFXmobile)

QR Code for app in Market
    Okay, I went back over old posts on the voice dialers and bought HF today. Very good recommendation. Works great and not a high cost. Thanks for the replies.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    The Voice Dialer app really sucks, but you can do the same thing with the Google voice search, which works much better!

Just go to Phone Settings --> Search --> Searchable Items and make sure that "Contacts" is checked.

Now, hit the search key (if you don't have the search widget on your desktop already) and press the microphone icon. Say "Call Mom at home" and you're off to the races. No extra app required.

This works with lots of other stuff too:

You can say "Map of gas stations" and it will show a map of gas stations near you.

You can say "navigate to 123 main street" and the navigation app will start up.

Try other stuff too. The voice recognition on this thing is freakin' awsome.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links