DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell standby draining the battery

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex

Cell standby draining the battery

I haven't changed anything or even installed an app the last week.
    My phone was at 70% this morning, and stayed this way until about 2pm. I didnt use it at all. (i was sleeping) At 2pm i recieved a call and was on the phone for 2min. After this call i put my phone down and went back to sleep. I woke up at 5pm and my phone was at 30%.... I am perplexed here. I went to the "battery use" thing and it said:
    Cell Standby 70%
    Display 5%
    Juice Defender 4%
    Phone Idle 6%
    browser 5%
    android system 3%
    Voice Calls 3%
    Pocket Empires 2%
    Wi-Fi 2%

How could the cell standby drain my battery so fast? I know for sure that none of my programs were being used at the time, those other apps shown like empires i played early in the morning. SHould i change my kernal? Or do you think its an app issue?
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Dial *228 and choose option 2
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by aminaked View Post
    I actually did this already. right when i saw the cell problem but its not going down. I actually had to charge my phone again. Im rewiping my phone i think. If necessary im going to completly reapply the sbf through rsdlite.... i just wish this problem had a quick fix.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rooted D1, Stock DInc2
    Im having this issue too. This has to do with roaming?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaineerndixie View Post

Im definetly not roaming. I was in my bed lol, and if your asking what the number does, it updates a list of towers or something. On most 3g related issues this number is a fix.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1- rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoneygreen View Post
    My phone was at 70% this morning, and stayed this way until about 2pm. I didnt use it at all. (i was sleeping) At 2pm i recieved a call and was on the phone for 2min. After this call i put my phone down and went back to sleep. I woke up at 5pm and my phone was at 30%.... I am perplexed here. I went to the "battery use" thing and it said:
    Cell Standby 70%
    Display 5%
    Juice Defender 4%
    Phone Idle 6%
    browser 5%
    android system 3%
    Voice Calls 3%
    Pocket Empires 2%
    Wi-Fi 2%

How could the cell standby drain my battery so fast? I know for sure that none of my programs were being used at the time, those other apps shown like empires i played early in the morning. SHould i change my kernal? Or do you think its an app issue?
    Remember, this is not really a quantifiable, absolute number-it is just a usage ratio. All this says is that something was consuming the battery, and the Cell Standby was consuming the larger percentage of it. Unfortunately, this does not really tell you anything , other than there was nothing else in use that was using more of the battery (as a percentage) that that.

It's a bit like ordering a pizza with a friend. There are 8 slices. You eat three and your friend eats one. I can then say that you ate 75% of the pizza consumed, while your friend ate 25%-this only tells me consumption percentage relative to what was consumed, not what was available. This tells me nothing about how much pizza there was when you started or how much is left.

Now, if there was some kind of display that would list consumption in mAh, that would be a quantifiable number that would mean something.

What you are reporting does not sound out of the ordinary to me.
    While understanding "How" may get the job done, understanding "Why" will get the job done properly.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rooted D1, Stock DInc2
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaineerndixie View Post

Im definetly not roaming. I was in my bed lol, and if your asking what the number does, it updates a list of towers or something. On most 3g related issues this number is a fix.
    I was asking a question, money. I read your post. I did the* 228 and option said something about roaming. I was trying to confirm I chose the correct option.

8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by EbE404 View Post
    Cell Standby 70%
    Display 5%
    Juice Defender 4%
    Phone Idle 6%
    browser 5%
    android system 3%
    Voice Calls 3%
    Pocket Empires 2%
    Wi-Fi 2%

Remember, this is not really a quantifiable, absolute number-it is just a usage ratio. All this says is that something was consuming the battery, and the Cell Standby was consuming the larger percentage of it. Unfortunately, this does not really tell you anything , other than there was nothing else in use that was using more of the battery (as a percentage) that that.

It's a bit like ordering a pizza with a friend. There are 8 slices. You eat three and your friend eats one. I can then say that you ate 75% of the pizza consumed, while your friend ate 25%-this only tells me consumption percentage relative to what was consumed, not what was available. This tells me nothing about how much pizza there was when you started or how much is left.

Now, if there was some kind of display that would list consumption in mAh, that would be a quantifiable number that would mean something.

What you are reporting does not sound out of the ordinary to me.
    70% to 30% in 3 hours while doing nothing is not ordinary. I am well aware of how the tool works, thanks for making me hungry though. I fixed it, reflashing solved the problem.
    Sorry if i sound mean, but i'm being driven nuts by the fact that i cant post a question here without getting a overly obvious simple generic answer that i already tried at square one.... (i know your post actually supplied no answer but still) If i actually post a problem its been after 10 or 20 minutes of me figuring out solutions for the problem, and my post is basically a last ditch effort before i nuke my phone (nuke being rsdlite...) So when i post, And get a replys like i have no problem, or an overly obvious answer its a tad frustrating. This is like my fourth thread that has become completely useless for my problems..... I think i need a nap.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Next time why don't you tell us what you've tried?

If someone says their car stopped working, I ask "Did you run out of gas?" I'm not going to start with "get a new engine".
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I randomly started having the exact same problem this week! I just posted about it last night actually, I'll post the link so I don't just repeat my story again here, but it's weird that other people are just developing this problem as well. cell standby is usually a big percentage when you have bad service, because it is continuously trying to find a signal. my big thing is that I know for a fact I have service where I am and I have changed nothing, yet I've gone from like 5% to 35%. Is that the same for you?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tec...ery-usage.html
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links