DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 69 of 1401 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071791191695691069 ... LastLast
Like Tree350Likes

Thread: Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by chops View Post
    yeah just switched to home++ from gde and it moves alot quicker. Also i uninstalled taskiller and i found my battery with those 2 apps gone i get much better battery life
    Yeah I have Home++ too, unfortunately it loads kinda slow too when going "home".
  2. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alabama Hamma View Post
    Jonkyu..... how did u get those icons for that theme?
    I used "Better Shortcut" with the iPhone 3G icon pack
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    "Persistent Home" is yer friend. (1st option under Performance options.)

- Mega
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by iiimegamaniii View Post
    "Persistent Home" is yer friend. (1st option under Performance options.)

- Mega
    lol, I already have it enabled I'll try it out again see...Hopefully GDE gets an update soon
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    What keyboard skin is that and do u like better keyboard better than stock?
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    How did you get that SWEET keyboard? I want it!
    It's the "Better Keyboard" keyboard replacement app using the default skin and then I changed the font using one of the font packs on the market (I think it's called font pack 2 or 3) in the settings. The font is called "GOODTIMES".

I think it's better looking, can't say the functionality is any better than the stock though :\ (still sucks when you're trying to type fast) ok maybe it's a little better but not mind-blowing, the features are nice though.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Persistent Home helps when going from one home app to the other correct? If you use just Home ++ you should leave it disabled... am I correct?

yeah just switched to home++ from gde and it moves alot quicker. Also i uninstalled taskiller and i found my battery with those 2 apps gone i get much better battery life
    Yeah I have Home++ too, unfortunately it loads kinda slow too when going "home".
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Is it worth the money? You say it lets you type a little faster.... it does look way better - any more functionality?

How did you get that SWEET keyboard? I want it!
    It's the "Better Keyboard" keyboard replacement app using the default skin and then I changed the font using one of the font packs on the market (I think it's called font pack 2 or 3) in the settings. The font is called "GOODTIMES".

I think it's better looking, can't say the functionality is any better than the stock though :\ (still sucks when you're trying to type fast) ok maybe it's a little better but not mind-blowing, the features are nice though.
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Persistent Home helps when going from one home app to the other correct? If you use just Home ++ you should leave it disabled... am I correct?

I'm no expert but I think it has to do with how Home++'s memory management works, with persistent home on I think it prevent android from unloading Home++'s memory letting it load up faster. Which is why it would affect over all performance like in the comment. Its basically reserving a perminant memory spot for Home++ meaning android can't utilize it for other apps. I think this is what it means, feel free to correct me if I'm understanding it wrong.

Is it worth the money? You say it lets you type a little faster.... it does look way better - any more functionality?

In terms of typing it does feel a little better and does allow me to type faster than the stock keyboard, its just that I still want to type faster and because it doesn't have multi-touch features I can't type faster. In terms of other features it has gestures for quick access to number keyboard and a compact qwerty mode. It also allows for T9 keyboard and a L337 keyboard. I'd say it's worth it, I'm just complaining and bitter because of the lack of multi-touch typing. Lol
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I'm not sure anyone understands it perfectly... I will turn it on and see how things go....

So you like Better Keyboard but you don't like the lack of multi-touch. I understand completely. I'll consider getting it for the looks and the easier typing..

Which package give your the cool one you have on your screen?

I'm no expert but I think it has to do with how Home++'s memory management works, with persistent home on I think it prevent android from unloading Home++'s memory letting it load up faster. Which is why it would affect over all performance like in the comment. Its basically reserving a perminant memory spot for Home++ meaning android can't utilize it for other apps. I think this is what it means, feel free to correct me if I'm understanding it wrong.

In terms of typing it does feel a little better and does allow me to type faster than the stock keyboard, its just that I still want to type faster and because it doesn't have multi-touch features I can't type faster. In terms of other features it has gestures for quick access to number keyboard and a compact qwerty mode. It also allows for T9 keyboard and a L337 keyboard. I'd say it's worth it, I'm just complaining and bitter because of the lack of multi-touch typing. Lol

Links