DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sadly....returning Droid2....what to get?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

sadly....returning Droid2....what to get?

The Droid2 was my first Android phone, and just has to many bugs. I have been posting in the tech issues forums on this site and the Moto site.

Tech Issues:
    1. Contacts will not synch, complete disaster. (Issue with Exchange synch)
    2. Facebook App adds Facebook Contacts to phone Contacts.
    3. Using Exchange, you HAVE to use a 4-digit pin code, which you have to type into your phone if you haven’t used the phone in 15 minutes.
    4. Bluetooth...Have had issues with phone connecting to the headset, and in two conversations today, I had to hang up, and call the person back, because the Bluetooth connection broke down. (using the same headset I used with my ENV3 for past year, with NO issues).
    5. Phone froze up yesterday at the gym twice just working the music player.

The Bluetooth issue was the deal breaker...I was going to live with the Contacts issue, not use the Facebook app, and hope Moto fixed it. But the lockups yesterday, then the Bluetooth today...

So I am considering buying a used Moto Droid, or HTC incredible, and saving my upgrade for something maybe this winter or spring. Looks like I can get a used Droid for around $200 or so, but the Incredible's look like more...

What would you get? I don't want an X, just too big, and I would have to use my upgrade....its either Droid or Incredible.

Thanks
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Id just get the incredible. At this point there is little reason to buy a D1 unless you want a large hacking community behind you. The Incredible is hacked, so there is promise there....and the hardware is just that much better. The only thing the Incredible doesn't have is a keyboard, if you can live with that, then the choice (imho) is clear.
    Want to know the best way to root your Android device??? Try www.rootzwiki.com
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    This is a tough question, on one hand you know the bugs will be worked out sooner or later but on the other hand you got Droid Pro comming.
    I say hold out a bit longer.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    Yeah, i'd wait a little. There are some incredible phones coming to verizon in the next few months. Like the Droid Pro and Samsung Fascinate.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You do realize you can disable Facebook contact sync in the app's settings right...?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    +1 for incredible because it is getting ruby soon!! Which is sapphire for the incredible!
    I have a lot of good how to articles about music managing and battery life etc. PM me if interested.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    pm sent, check it out.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Leaning towards the Droid at the moment...Seems a lot of Droid's on the market right now, therefore dropping the price.

Incredible's are gonna run $300 - $350. Looks like Droid's are $175 to $250 range. I have an offer for a brand new Droid never activated with a media dock from someone who works at Verizon for $250. Local as well.

Even though the keyboard isnt as good as the Droid2, I still like a physical keyboard.

Ill keep the phone for prob 6 mos or so, then re-evaluate and see that comes down the pipe.

Just seems like so many people are happy with their Droid, that I can't really go wrong.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    I think you need to learn to use your android phone before giving up on it. All your issues are settings that can be fixed. It's posible the BT radio is bad and maybe you need a new phone due to that. But the rest of your concerns are easily fixed. And you'll run into them with whatever phone you decide on if it is also an android phone.

That said...if I was going to switch I would not do it right now. We are in the middle of a tech curve and I think we are going to see some really neat things happen in just a few months. Things that have not even been leaked yet.

Nate
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by nateccnn View Post
    All your issues are settings that can be fixed. But the rest of your concerns are easily fixed.
    Nate
    Not to start a flame, but I've been on the MOTO forums and the forums here with my issues. They are not a "settings" issue. They are bona-fide tech issues that moto is aware of. Just typing the 4 digit pin every time I need to use my phone is ridicolous. That with the contacts issue, and the freeze up's, and now a Bluetooth issue.

I do see your point, but its just too many things. My env3 worked with bluetooth like a champ. You would think my Droid2 would.

I just think moto and their "blur" crap is really screwing things up. Not having my contacts synch is a huge issue as well. Moto is giving X users a free license to Touchdown because of the Exchange issues on that phone. I don't see a fix coming from MOTO anytime soon, because they havnt fixed the issues with the X.

I think your right about the tech curve however. Hence, why I just want to get a phone to hold me over, then get a new phone this winter or next spring.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links