DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transferring Data from One SD card to Another

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    Hello,

I am using BlackMoon AttachSave to save files to my SD card...however I can't find the files or where they go once I save them! Help! I am a new Droid user I have the orginial Droid through Verizon and I am using the 2.2 OS

Thanks,

Nickie
    Assuming you get to name to object being saved, couldn't you just save an attachment with a name and then search the sdcard for that name?
    Baton Rouge, LA
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I've got a D2 coming and I want to take the info off the D1 card and load it into the D2's card. I'd kind of like to clean up while I'm doing this.

I have a Mac. The way I'm looking at it is I'll copy the D1's SD card over to my Mac, mount the D2 and drag and drop what I have on there over to the D1.

This looks pretty much like what timrock was describing on how to do it on a pc.

Makes sense?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I've got a D2 coming and I want to take the info off the D1 card and load it into the D2's card. I'd kind of like to clean up while I'm doing this.

I have a Mac. The way I'm looking at it is I'll copy the D1's SD card over to my Mac, mount the D2 and drag and drop what I have on there over to the D1.

This looks pretty much like what timrock was describing on how to do it on a pc.

Makes sense?
    well the OP was just upgrading his card. i wouldnt recommend this when upgrading a phone. the only items i would transfer over via drag and drop, would be, movies, music, video, pics, docs. stuff like that. but i would not put the card from a d1 into the d2.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timrock View Post
    well the OP was just upgrading his card. i wouldnt recommend this when upgrading a phone. the only items i would transfer over via drag and drop, would be, movies, music, video, pics, docs. stuff like that. but i would not put the card from a d1 into the d2.
    Well, that's what i was saying. I'll download apps and everything off of my Google account.

Somebody told me just to take the SD card out of the D1 and put it in the D2 but it's got a bunch of junk in in so I don't think I will.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Atrix 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    I've done this a couple of times now and it "seems" faster to put the full card in the computer and drag everything to a folder and then put the empty card in the computer and drag everything to it. This is as opposed to having either or both cards in the phone. Don't know if this is absolutely true, but it sure seemed faster the time I did it this way.

Good luck.
    I do what BoyouFlyFisher does and just got done doing it again. I have an SD card slot in my computer (and also a card reader that I could put both cards in if desired) and an SD to MicroSD adapter which usually always comes with all MicroSD cards. I just (turned my phone off) took the one out of my phone put it in the adapter and put that in the card reader. Then selected the contents of the card and copied it to a folder on my desktop. Then I put the other (formatted) card in the adapter and copied the contents of the folder to that card, took it out of the adapter and put it back in the phone, put the phone back together and turned it on. The phone recognizes and mounts/prepares it as if nothing has changed except you have a lot more room. You have the opportunity to add whatever else you want while it is in the computer also such as other ROMs or software you want to install then as well. -gs67
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links