DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Upgrade???

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Upgrade???

I'm thinking about about upgrading from the Droid 1 to the Droid 2, do you think it's worth it??? or should I save my upgrade for something else???
    Last edited by Backnblack; 08-13-2010 at 09:18 AM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx

"UpgRage"

And here I thought your post was going to be about some sort of upgrade rage...
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    This is really a personal question. Is it worth it to you? Only you can decide if it is worth it. The specs are out there as are pictures of the device.

Is it worth it to me? No. My OG Droid satisfies my wants and needs right now. I don't feel the D2 is a big enough upgrade to warrant a purchase. But I am sure quite a few OG Droid users will make the transition to the D2, and I am sure they will happily make that transition.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    It's definitley NOT worth the upgrade. What's there to "upgrade" to? A locked bootloader...Crappy motoblur,a keyboard that's just a little better than the Droid 1's, and a little speed boost? Wait till there's really a phone which is actually an upgrade from the Droid 1.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Googleaddict View Post
    It's definitley NOT worth the upgrade. What's there to "upgrade" to? A locked bootloader...Crappy motoblur,a keyboard that's just a little better than the Droid 1's, and a little speed boost? Wait till there's really a phone which is actually an upgrade from the Droid 1.
    As cupfulloflol stated this is a personal question as Googleaddict has stated his views on it....If it floats your boat get it...

I jumped to the X from the Droid due to the fact I have zero use for a physical keyboard. And the X and D2 are more than a "little better" than the D1, Thats my personal opinion.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    I would jump to an X in a heartbeat and sell my Droid1. I never use my physical keyboard. When I first got my Droid in March, I thought I would use the physical keyboard, but I was mistaken.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Thanks for the feedback, I guess it really comes down to personal preference. I'm gonna sit back and think this through.

Links