DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Verizon Smart Phone Swap?

  1. Droid Newbie
    BringsTheAwesome's Avatar
    Member #
    102788
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Verizon Smart Phone Swap?

    Hi everyone. I'm new here so forgive me if I didn't put this in the right discussion. I'm a new Verizon customer. I've been with AT&T and got really sick of their horrible coverage. So here's a quick question I have.

    I bought the Droid, and I'm loving it. But I was thinking about buying a back up phone just incase anything happens to it. With my AT&T phones, I'd just slip in the SIM card and it'd pick up my phone and my contacts immediately. I was wondering, if I buy a back up smart phone from eBay, if something happened to my Droid, would I be able to activate my account on another phone? I'm sorry if it seems like a dumb question, I'm just used to SIM cards and I'm not really sure how Verizon works with activating other phones for the same account. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  2. Droid Ninja
    brando56894's Avatar
    Member #
    45165
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,217
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    #2
    yes you can just call up verizon and theyll do it for you, or you may be able to do *228 option 1 from the backup handset.
    How To: Compiling a Custom Version of Clockwork Mod Recovery
    <-- Lockscreen

    ROM: Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3
  3. Premium Member
    Backnblack's Avatar
    Member #
    6311
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,279
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by brando56894 View Post
    yes you can just call up verizon and theyll do it for you, or you may be able to do *228 option 1 from the backup handset.
    Or you can do it via the web....10mins tops....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

    Only the Skilled Survive

    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

    Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.



  4. Droid Ninja
    xliderider's Avatar
    Member #
    763
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Where Diamond Head stay
    Posts
    1,396
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by brando56894 View Post
    yes you can just call up verizon and theyll do it for you, or you may be able to do *228 option 1 from the backup handset.
    You have to go sign up for a free account at verizonwireless.com and click on the "activate my phone" link to enter the ESN/MEID number of the device you are switching to. then you will need to make the *228, option 1 call to activate the phone.

    You can also call customer service, but they might charge you $35 to do what you can do online for free.
    a little obsessive...
  5. Droid Ninja
    harrellj's Avatar
    Member #
    94200
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,063
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #5
    One thing too, if your backup phone is also an android phone, once your account is logged into it, it'll redownload your apps and your contacts.
  6. Droid
    brianes99's Avatar
    Member #
    37411
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    motorola droid through verizon
    #6

    why not use google voice?

    Google voice will allow people to dial that number and ring to both phones.
  7. Droid Newbie
    BringsTheAwesome's Avatar
    Member #
    102788
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    Thank you very much for all the answers, guys. It's very much appreciated. They all helped very much. I figured it out through VerizonWireless.com thanks to this website. Once again, thank you.
  8. Droid
    KE6ZAP's Avatar
    Member #
    101193
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Soon Droid x
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BringsTheAwesome View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new here so forgive me if I didn't put this in the right discussion. I'm a new Verizon customer. I've been with AT&T and got really sick of their horrible coverage. So here's a quick question I have.

    I bought the Droid, and I'm loving it. But I was thinking about buying a back up phone just incase anything happens to it. With my AT&T phones, I'd just slip in the SIM card and it'd pick up my phone and my contacts immediately. I was wondering, if I buy a back up smart phone from eBay, if something happened to my Droid, would I be able to activate my account on another phone? I'm sorry if it seems like a dumb question, I'm just used to SIM cards and I'm not really sure how Verizon works with activating other phones for the same account. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Also if you register your account online with Verizon, then you can get their backup asst. for free...
  9. Droid Ninja
    xliderider's Avatar
    Member #
    763
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Where Diamond Head stay
    Posts
    1,396
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by KE6ZAP View Post
    Also if you register your account online with Verizon, then you can get their backup asst. for free...
    I don't understand the need for BA since Google Sync already has your contacts and calendar backed up.
    a little obsessive...

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. first smart phone
    By droid/does.tn in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 09:15 PM
  2. first smart phone
    By DonPedro71 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 12:30 PM
  3. 9 Things My Dumb-phone DOES that my Smart-Phone DON'T... and vice versa
    By Thanassi44 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 08:05 PM
  4. Restoring Apps after Phone Swap
    By Vulcan1600 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 12:31 PM
  5. My First Smart Phone
    By russwhite in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 12:10 AM

Search tags for this page

backup shazam tags android

,

change meid verizon dumbphone

,

meid swap verizon

,
swap devices on verizon
,

swap phone verizon *228 give different meid

,
swap smartphones verizon
,

verizon handset swap

,

verizon meid swap

,

verizon swap smartphones

,
verizon swapping smartphone and regular
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+