DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Cannot uninstall launcherpro?

  1. Junior Droid
    Persuaded's Avatar
    Member #
    102665
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Droid
    #1

    Cannot uninstall launcherpro?

    I posted this on the lp forum, but I didn't get a single reply in 2 days. Here is my problem:

    I decided to uninstall launcherpro for a day and run stock launcher to compare battery life. To my surprise I could not uninstall the application. Upon going to setting>applications>launcherpro I only got the option to "uninstall updates." I also tired to uninstall it through the market and I get the same problem. I decided to go ahead and hit "uninstall updates" to see what would happen. What happened after the uninstall was that inevitably upon hitting home I was asked which launcher I wanted to use, LP or stock. However, the launcherpro icon was now blue instead of the classic orange. Apparently the "uninstall updates" did just that (shocker) and I went to the classic version of LP. What is weird is that it does NOT show up in my applications list, nor in the market under the downloaded section.

    I decided to try again and re installed LP from the market. This time I set my default launcher to stock tried to uninstall LP once again. Same issue. I could not uninstall the application, just the updates.

    Anyone care to help?
  2. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Persuaded View Post
    I posted this on the lp forum, but I didn't get a single reply in 2 days. Here is my problem:

    I decided to uninstall launcherpro for a day and run stock launcher to compare battery life. To my surprise I could not uninstall the application. Upon going to setting>applications>launcherpro I only got the option to "uninstall updates." I also tired to uninstall it through the market and I get the same problem. I decided to go ahead and hit "uninstall updates" to see what would happen. What happened after the uninstall was that inevitably upon hitting home I was asked which launcher I wanted to use, LP or stock. However, the launcherpro icon was now blue instead of the classic orange. Apparently the "uninstall updates" did just that (shocker) and I went to the classic version of LP. What is weird is that it does NOT show up in my applications list, nor in the market under the downloaded section.

    I decided to try again and re installed LP from the market. This time I set my default launcher to stock tried to uninstall LP once again. Same issue. I could not uninstall the application, just the updates.

    Anyone care to help?
    I know I've used Launcher Pro before and I just checked. It's not on my Droid.

    I don't know what to tell you other then contact the developer. Either that or root your Droid, you certainly would be able to get rid of it with Root Explorer.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Droid Ninja
    Jim 777's Avatar
    Member #
    19480
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,271
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    #3
    That's weird. I have LP and there is indeed a button to uninstall. Are you rooted? if so you can manually delete the apk file to kill the app.

    FWIW, I'm running version 0.7.4.0. Maybe updating will allow uninstallation?
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

  4. Junior Droid
    Persuaded's Avatar
    Member #
    102665
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    Yes thank you guys! I am rooted and I am using LP 0.7.4.0. How can I manually uninstall it with root explorer?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Jim 777's Avatar
    Member #
    19480
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,271
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    #5
    go to data>app folder and scroll down to com.fede.launcher-2.apk file. That's your LPro.

    Long press it and select Rename.
    Put a "bak" on the end so it's com.fede.launcher-2.apkbak (I say to do this just in case something gets weird you can rename it back and be back where you started; just a habit I practice).

    Then reboot. It should be gone now.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

  6. Junior Droid
    Persuaded's Avatar
    Member #
    102665
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 777 View Post
    go to data>app folder and scroll down to com.fede.launcher-2.apk file. That's your LPro.

    Long press it and select Rename.
    Put a "bak" on the end so it's com.fede.launcher-2.apkbak (I say to do this just in case something gets weird you can rename it back and be back where you started; just a habit I practice).

    Then reboot. It should be gone now.
    Instead of seeing it as com.fede.launcher-2.apk mine says com.fede.launcher-1.apk. Do i still do what you mentioned above?

    Thanks a lot
  7. Junior Droid
    Persuaded's Avatar
    Member #
    102665
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Droid
    #7
    Here is what I was talking about



    Won't let me uninstall. Bump
  8. Droid Ninja
    RW-1's Avatar
    Member #
    10175
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nazareth, PA
    Posts
    2,257
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #8
    So ... Uninstall the updates, then go back and see what it says if still there .... and then we'll go from there.

    Sounds to me that you didn't do the initial install from the market, was this a themed launcherpro?

    If so then uninstall updates, then in a file manager go to the apk and open it that way to the uninstaller, then see what you got.

    Also, before you do any of this, go back and make your stock launcher the default.
    Last edited by RW-1; 08-13-2010 at 01:47 PM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Persuaded's Avatar
    Member #
    102665
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RW-1 View Post
    So ... Uninstall the updates, then go back and see what it says if still there .... and then we'll go from there.

    Sounds to me that you didn't do the initial install from the market, was this a themed launcherpro?

    If so then uninstall updates, then in a file manager go to the apk and open it that way to the uninstaller, then see what you got.

    Also, before you do any of this, go back and make your stock launcher the default.
    When I uninstall updates and return to settings>applications>LP it's still there but the uninstall button is grayed out, not letting me press it.

    This is no themed launcherpro either.

    I'm stumped
  10. Droid
    symdev88's Avatar
    Member #
    71888
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    55
    Phone
    Droid
    #10
    or you could uninstall with TB, no??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. uninstall
    By amgine27 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 01:35 PM
  2. Uninstall help
    By jacestone40 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 03:09 PM
  3. How do I uninstall an app?
    By Crockett in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 01:00 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 07:18 AM
  5. Does uninstall FULLY uninstall an app?
    By qwopzxnm in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 03:58 PM

Search tags for this page

can not uninstall launcher pro
,
cannot uninstall launcher pro
,
cannot uninstall launcherpro
,
cant uninstall launcher pro
,
com.fede.launcher uninstall
,
how do i uninstall launcher pro
,
how to remove launcher pro
,
how to remove launcherpro
,

how to uninstall launcher pro

,
how to uninstall launcher pro android
,

launcher pro uninstall

,
manually uninstall launcherpro
,

uninstall launcher pro

,
uninstall launcher pro android
,
uninstall launcherpro
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+