DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 134 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1436

Thread: ****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    So even UD 7 is getting hit with update requests?

And you're not a pest.

More detail would help if you're having problems.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Where can I locate how to root after a 2.2 OTA update and install of Flash 10.1??? Just point me... Thanks.
    Klaatu barada nikto
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Since the search button seems to be broken today...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/res...s-version.html
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    FastKatt
    Phone
    Rooted RazrMaxx
    We have a search button?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    OK - so I finally took the plunge after receiving the OTA and having some sluggishness and used the 76MB update.zip.

I wiped my Droid and during the reboot, I pressed X and then the Camera and Vol Up - I made it to the recovery mode and updated.

Apparently, this was the wrong thing to do (I did not let the wipe process complete befory applying the update) as my Droid was very weird - had to call verizon and get them to walk me through manual activation as it repeated the activation prompt over and over. Then I went to the Gallery and selected a background - it put a different picture for me to set as my background (from another folder). Then my videos would not play at all.

I reset the phone again and this time still had the manual activation problem, but everything worked correctly. After this, I felt that maybe the Gremlins were out, but I applied the 76MB update AGAIN over the new install, and it seemed to work out quite nicely and much more smoothly.

BUT - I unplug my droid in the morning and look later at the battery use and specifically, go to what has been using the battery. I pick cell standby - and my droid was unplugged for about 5 hours and shows 10 hours (and shows 50% of its time without a signal) - it is as if the clock is counting double in this category (perhaps others), but definitley this one. Has anyone else seen such behavior with FRB01B? Is this only related to my bad experience with the update somewhat botching?
    Last edited by prowler1968; 08-26-2010 at 11:03 AM.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prowler1968 View Post
    BUT - I unplug my droid in the morning and look later at the battery use and specifically, go to what has been using the battery. I pick cell standby - and my droid was unplugged for about 5 hours and shows 10 hours (and shows 50% of its time without a signal) - it is as if the clock is counting double in this category (perhaps others), but definitley this one. Has anyone else seen such behavior with FRB01B? Is this only related to my bad experience with the update somewhat botching?
    Reboot the phone and see if it persists. I've noticed the battery usage isn't always 100% accurate. I've had it say phone calls used 45% of my battery when I made one 5-minute call in a 6-hour downtime period when I used the 'net pretty heavily.
    Last edited by furbearingmammal; 08-26-2010 at 11:08 AM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    FBM-

Well, being a long time Windows user - Duh - why didn't I think of that!! The reboot took care of the Cell Standby issue.

As to the first part of my post, now that I have a good running 2.2, what will happen if I do a factory wipe now that I have installed over the OTA with the 76MB file - will I have to do the manual activation again or will this be something that will work correctly next time I do this? I'm thinking the misstep on the reboot when wiping originally must have corrupted something deep down for this to have recurred on several wipe operations.

Thanks - the forum has been a wealth of information that I have followed quite a bit.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Called Verizon again today just to see what they would say now.

I live in Sacto. CA. and they started the update a couple of days ago to finish in 3 weeks.
    There is no second download coming and if you've done the manual update you wont get the OTA one. Wow what's taking so long?

Do these people ever get it straight.
    I thought AT&T tech's were misinformed but these guys are just as bad.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prowler1968 View Post
    FBM-

Well, being a long time Windows user - Duh - why didn't I think of that!! The reboot took care of the Cell Standby issue.

As to the first part of my post, now that I have a good running 2.2, what will happen if I do a factory wipe now that I have installed over the OTA with the 76MB file - will I have to do the manual activation again or will this be something that will work correctly next time I do this? I'm thinking the misstep on the reboot when wiping originally must have corrupted something deep down for this to have recurred on several wipe operations.

Thanks - the forum has been a wealth of information that I have followed quite a bit.
    If you do a factory reset you'll have to reactivate as it resets all data on the phone. You also don't need to do a factory reset before doing an update. If you're rooted you have to do wipes between ROM changes, but if you're stock you don't need to worry about it unless the phone is really screwing up.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnytheK View Post
    Called Verizon again today just to see what they would say now.

I live in Sacto. CA. and they started the update a couple of days ago to finish in 3 weeks.
    There is no second download coming and if you've done the manual update you wont get the OTA one. Wow what's taking so long?

Do these people ever get it straight.
    I thought AT&T tech's were misinformed but these guys are just as bad.
    Techs everywhere are given the mushroom treatment -- kept in the dark and fed horse[expletive deleted]. If you do a manual update you will not get the OTA version of it, but it won't prevent the next OTA update from landing unless you manually do that one too.

If you don't have the FRG01B update yet, just do a manual update. The second update, reportedly FRG22D, has reportedly begun today. You will only get FRG22D if you have FRG01B installed.

Yet again, the community knows more than the company tells its techs and reps.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    FBM - thanks - you're a posting machine

Just to reiterate, I wiped the phone and when I went to activate it - it would make the call, I would press 1 to activate the phone, and then it would say successful, then return to the activation screen on the phone repeatedly.

But, when I went into the phone, it would show my number being 0000004105, calls would not go out or in.

This is what prompted my call to verizon and they walked me through the manual activation (which is ##7764726 SEND, then 000000 - then I had to manually key my phone number in two separate areas, the MIN and the MDN and change the CDMA Sys to 147).

Do you think this will be an ongoing event any time that I wipe my phone (not that I will be doing it that often, it just bugs me that the original wiping of the phone has botched something up at a lower level within the device itself).

Links