DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 111 of 144 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1436

Thread: ****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Anyone having issues doing manual installs and can't find the information they need in the forum but are following an off-site guide:

1. If you get signature verification messages, make sure the following -- It's named update.zip not update.zip.zip. If in Astro you see a .zip at the end of it, delete the .zip and try again. Astro automatically assigns the file extension.
    2. If you still can't get it to work, use Astro to move the file to the root of the SD card. The root is option /sdcard when you first open Astro.
    3. Verify that your file is the right size. It should be approximatly 43MB for the small update or 76MB if you're using the large update. The large update is still the preferred one.

If you still can't get it to work, PM someone who has it working who did a manual install, or someone who seems knowledgeable and who speaks in a manner you can understand (no offense to anyone, I just know some people have a hard time understanding what I or someone else might say) and see if they can help you out.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovethesinner View Post
    Dude I've been reading... nothing worked, snoking helped more than anyone and he's a new guy too. There's been like 10 people after me asking questions about flash also and no ones jumped down their throat... and now you're jumping in. Wtf. If you have an answer to a question just answer it and move on. Don't try to make someone look stupid. "The answer to your questions are all over this forum". Yeah, I know but I don't understand why they aren't working for me!!!!!!!! Ill have to look back but I don't even think I asked a question, just voiced my opinion of 2.2. Just so yallllllll know, I read several pages in and nothing worked for me, as stated, everything redirected me. So please don't assume someone didn't try to do the research, and even if I didn't what's the point in being rude when a simple question is asked, and then turn it around like I'm "harsh". No, I'm just gonna tell it like it is. Get rude with me for no flippin' reason, I'm gonna get rude right back. And you, Sal, wanna jump in on the new girl action and stick your nose into what wasn't your business. F*&= off, keep your forum. I'm out.
    You already said you weren't going to read 108 pages, so no, you didn't do the research. Besides, it's in so many other threads that a simple search probably would have answered your question if you'd done it right. There will be a thread started at some point in how to do a Google search to get the best results from this and any forum.

Most of those questions were, in fact, answered. You just skimmed or skipped around and missed it. The post your responding to wasn't rude, it was reminding you to be nice to people like Hookbill and CK and all the other mods who work so hard and are so helpful and ask little except politeness in return. You, however, were bordering on rude before and crossed the line into outright rudeness in the reply quoted above. Nobody was jumping on the new girl, and I apologize if you felt that was the case. However, if you are actually leaving then go, just don't do so with hard feelings. This place is great for information and has a lot of very nice and helpful people, just so long as you play and act nicely to them.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lovethesinner View Post
    Dude I've been reading... nothing worked, snoking helped more than anyone and he's a new guy too. There's been like 10 people after me asking questions about flash also and no ones jumped down their throat... and now you're jumping in. Wtf. If you have an answer to a question just answer it and move on. Don't try to make someone look stupid. "The answer to your questions are all over this forum". Yeah, I know but I don't understand why they aren't working for me!!!!!!!! Ill have to look back but I don't even think I asked a question, just voiced my opinion of 2.2. Just so yallllllll know, I read several pages in and nothing worked for me, as stated, everything redirected me. So please don't assume someone didn't try to do the research, and even if I didn't what's the point in being rude when a simple question is asked, and then turn it around like I'm "harsh". No, I'm just gonna tell it like it is. Get rude with me for no flippin' reason, I'm gonna get rude right back. And you, Sal, wanna jump in on the new girl action and stick your nose into what wasn't your business. F*&= off, keep your forum. I'm out.
    You already said you weren't going to read 108 pages, so no, you didn't do the research. Besides, it's in so many other threads that a simple search probably would have answered your question if you'd done it right. There will be a thread started at some point in how to do a Google search to get the best results from this and any forum.

Most of those questions were, in fact, answered. You just skimmed or skipped around and missed it. The post your responding to wasn't rude, it was reminding you to be nice to people like Hookbill and CK and all the other mods who work so hard and are so helpful and ask little except politeness in return. You, however, were bordering on rude before and crossed the line into outright rudeness in the reply quoted above. Nobody was jumping on the new girl, and I apologize if you felt that was the case. However, if you are actually leaving then go, just don't do so with hard feelings. This place is great for information and has a lot of very nice and helpful people, just so long as you play and act nicely to them.
    OMG, do I have to read all 108 pages to prove that I've done research, is that the definition? Reading 108 forum pages = research. Really. All the things I searched didn't work for my phone or I didn't know how to do them... I already stated that. In my opinion he was rude to me. I took it as rude, and since he was talking to me, how I took it matters, not how you took it, because neither he nor I was talking to you. Mind your business.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    "c1im8er"
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by c1im8er View Post
    All right Verizon...you have 10 more minutes until I manually install. Come on! Give me the OTA!
    Funny how that works...one hour after I posted this last night I got the update. Installing now.... (Didn't do it earlier today because I needed my phone functional and didn't want to risk any problems.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

to copy and paste text...

Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    copy/paste in emails ?
    long press on the text in the email
    select "select text"
    then you can drag over the text you want to copy
    long press and hit copy
    long press and hit paste

Cool~!
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I just want to send a general reminder to everyone to please be respectful to each other. If you do see a person not being respectful, be sure to report it and we will take care of it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Finally received my OTA update just now in Omaha, NE.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

manual update

So i couldnt wait any longer and i broke down and did the manual update....worked great no problem thus far....now that i have 2.2 what are some must have apps or how can i optimize my droid to get the most out of it?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR
    Got the update this morning. It looks pretty neat, but I haven't played around with it much. I did notice that my touch screen isn't as responsive for switching screens as it used to be. Whatever, though
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwzwack View Post
    Got the update this morning. It looks pretty neat, but I haven't played around with it much. I did notice that my touch screen isn't as responsive for switching screens as it used to be. Whatever, though
    Now, now, before we start getting a bad impression read what the update did here: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/moto_droid.pdf

Also, during the first hour after the install everything runs a bit slower.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 111 of 144 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast

Links