Still no update in Maine (8:06PM). Roommate got it five days ago but I'm still dealing with 2.1. Grrr
Quick question. Is it still worth rooting the Droid on the 2.2 update and mess with the overclocking and custom ROM's? Not that I will EVER try to overclock again after frying my last phone but just curious if it's still worth it.
http://p3designs.info/kernels/): the 250-1000 MHz kernel, capped at 800 most of the time, and get a great balance between speed when I need it, and battery life when I don't.
Meaning of gadgetrants:
(1) Goes on rants about gadgets
(2) Gadgets put him in a trants (er...um, trance)
OK regulator.the "stuck" part(vage)is renaming the file. Do you DEL<X what's already there and put "update" that didn't work. Copy & paste? Thanks for the help.Can anyone who did it phone only post the steps please? I think today a lot of people will look...
Still no update...maybe its because i check it to much... maybe if i dont look at it for a liitle it will just happen .......maybe it will happen RIGHT NOW!!!
Edit: After i posted this i checked my phone and my attempt to cosmically force my update was unsuccessful
Last edited by renlo; 08-18-2010 at 07:26 PM.
download file onto computer,
1) Change the name to update.zip.
2) Connect your computer to your phone.
3) Press the USB on the notification and select "Mount"
4) Put it on your sd card. Not in any particular folder, just on to the card.
5) Turn your phone off.
6) Boot into recovery (Hold Power + X).
7) Wait for a triangle with exclamation point to appear and release Power and X.
8) Hit the volume up and camera button (half-way down) at the same time.
9) Using the D-Pad select “apply update.zip” and press in the gold button on the D-Pad.
10) Your phone will now run the update.
11) When it finishes, use th D-Pad to select reboot phone.
12) Your phone will reboot with Android 2.2.
SPECIAL THANKS TO FURBEARINGMAMMAL FOR ALL THE HELP UPDATING MY PHONE...PROST... and I'm looking for your ebook...
Last edited by bpad10; 08-18-2010 at 07:31 PM.