DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: need opinions - is it worth selling ipod touch for droid x or droid 2 upgrade from d1

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

need opinions - is it worth selling ipod touch for droid x or droid 2 upgrade from d1

Hey guys, yesterday I bought a droid not thinking since my blackberry broke, today of course the droid 2 is announced.

So now I'm stuck with the droid 1, I am a casual user but the swype and faster processor is appealing on the x and d2.

So now if I wan to take my phone back and get the droid 2/x it will cost $65 + $200 for restocking fee and an extra activation fee.

So if I'm upgrading I'm going to sell my ipod touch.. but then all my apps will be gone $150 + in apps alone since my first gen touch. and on the droid they do not have many of the games on the touch such as real racing, plants v zombies, brushes, touchgrind etc.

So I really don't know what to do.

what are your opinions
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Swype is available on D1

I would sell my itouch and never look back. I wouldn't buy a Droid 2/X with the money but keep it for future purchases.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Call and actually ask about the restocking fee. I was so sure you could try out the phone for 90 days and take it back if you didnt like it.... Restocking fee is a bunch of bs. How hard is it to truly 'restock' the devise....
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    very true its just verizon trying to make money. I'll call them, because it's not that I don't like the phone it's that I think im getting ripped because the day after I bought mine they released a new version.

Btw - does anyone know if the droid x will come down in price now that the droid 2 is being released?

And I know every droid fan will say sell it, but droid doesn't have the games the touch does.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    i got my droid and ended up not taking my ipod touch anywhere. i ended up selling my itouch because i didnt use it. i had over 4 pages of games alone, so i know, there are a lot more better games. but i guess i just used games when i was bored and games on the droid can pass time too. theyre not as good, but they pass time. if you want really high quality games you're probably not going to get them. but $200 cash is worth playing droid games and not having an itouch
    got eris: 12/24/09
    returned eris: 12/28/09
    got droid: 12/31/09
    rooted droid: sometime in january (right after it was released (manually))
    bb->2.1 sbf->desire rom> 2.1bb> 2.2
    got incredible as warranty replacement 8/31/10
    shattered inc screen 9/25/10-> got insurace replacement 10/4/10
    broke inc screen 10/19/10-> got warranty replacement 10/22/10
    got moto droid 1 off ebay 1/7/11
    broke inc screen 5/26/11-> got insurance replacement inc2 5/27/11
    sold inc2 & bought vzw 16gb iphone 4 6/9/11
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I say keep the Droid 1 remember its the only unlocked Droid! Trust me down the road you will want to root

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Motorola Droid 09-11/ Droid Charge 11-2/12/ Galaxy Nexus 12-?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid101 View Post
    I say keep the Droid 1 remember its the only unlocked Droid! Trust me down the road you will want to root

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    thanks man. I was also just thinking.. really why do I need a faster proccessor, I can overclock plus I'm not running games since I have the touch, which I do kinda wanna keep. on top of that.. is it really worth an extra $120.. I don't think so
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Just sold my original iPod tough "1st Generation" on eBay for 150 dollars, I tech payed 50 bucks for my droid X which I use all the time as my mp3 player along with the car dock, but even more so I really havent touched my own music since Im able to use Pandora everywhere.

So answer your question, yes. The Droid X easily replaced my touch and even better I dont need to deal with iTunes, nothing like being able to drag and drop music and video onto my phone and it all working.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Djnardu View Post
    Just sold my original iPod tough "1st Generation" on eBay for 150 dollars, I tech payed 50 bucks for my droid X which I use all the time as my mp3 player along with the car dock, but even more so I really havent touched my own music since Im able to use Pandora everywhere.

So answer your question, yes. The Droid X easily replaced my touch and even better I dont need to deal with iTunes, nothing like being able to drag and drop music and video onto my phone and it all working.
    Wow, $150 for a 1st. how much does it cost to sell on ebay in the end? listing fees, and when I sold my old palm I had some re-occuring fee things?
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    With fees and such I think I ended up with 145 not bad as the most I hoped for was 100.

Links