Just got my invite for Google Voice. It mentions two ways of signing up, and once you choose your option, you can't switch.
One way is to use your existing mobile number and the other is to use create a new Google number.
Anyone who has Google Voice got any advice on pros / cons of each way?
Per the email:
If you haven't already heard about it, Google Voice is a service that makes using your phone much better!
You can either use Google Voice with your existing mobile phone number and get:
- Voicemail like email, with automatic transcriptions sent via email and SMS
- Low cost international calls to the entire world
- Custom voicemail greetings based on who is calling
OR choose a new Google phone number to get these additional features:
- One phone number that rings all your phones
- The ability to send and receive SMS messages via email
- Spam filter to block unwanted callers
At this time it is not possible to switch between account types, so make your choice wisely!