DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New FRG22 release of Froyo need PIN security for exchange email. How do I disable it

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid

New FRG22 release of Froyo need PIN security for exchange email. How do I disable it

I installed FRG22 leak. But that added some security for exchange email. I
    It is very annoying. I have to punch in PIN every time I on my phone. Is there any way to bypass/disable this ? I do not care about remote wipe, let that be there. But can I bay pass this PIN business some how ?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Even all FROYO leaks has it as part of remote wipe active sync policies.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    It started from FRG22. FEG01B does not have it. Not atleast on my droid. All I want to know, is there any work around ?

Thanks
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tahdor View Post
    It started from FRG22. FEG01B does not have it. Not atleast on my droid. All I want to know, is there any work around ?

Thanks
    I would think if this is true and FRG01B does not have the pin issue maybe you could just roll back. I'm running FRGO1B again, at least the version that's at the front of the page that is rooted. You can download it here. This is the same version only you won't lose your root. Give it a try, Jrummy came up with it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tahdor View Post

Thanks
    I would think if this is true and FRG01B does not have the pin issue maybe you could just roll back. I'm running FRGO1B again, at least the version that's at the front of the page that is rooted. You can download it here. This is the same version only you won't lose your root. Give it a try, Jrummy came up with it.
    Thanks for suggestion. I did roll back to FRG01B. But I do not want to be stuck on FRG01B for eternity. Well I was just checking if somebody has an antidote. HTC saphire also had this problem, but people got it solved by installing email app from FRG01B. I tried installing GoogleEmail.apk from FRG01B into FRG22 but that didn't help.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2

Lame

So the password policy is being forced by Exchange. The only way that I have found to "fix" it is to remove the password policy from the exchange server itself. This is most likely not going to happen unless your IT dept is very lenient The problem I have now is that the settings have stayed, even after purging my data from exchange and resynching.
    I'm thinking I'm going to wipe the device, but was wondering if anybody knew how to remove the security policy without wiping.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate

That's very true!

I've added my work's exchange server for hours and removed it since it always required me to enter pin or password to unlock my screen even if I just want to make a phone call or look at something else! In my case, it was required for both of frg01b(stock, rooted) and frg22.
    I just ended up to TouchDown which is a little bit expensive but worthy.
    TouchDown also required me to enter the pin in the beginning of its setup but I could easily reset it from Phone setting and it asks me to enter the pin only when I entered to TouchDown itself which makes sense.
  9. LT*
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Quote Originally Posted by violkim View Post
    I've added my work's exchange server for hours and removed it since it always required me to enter pin or password to unlock my screen even if I just want to make a phone call or look at something else! In my case, it was required for both of frg01b(stock, rooted) and frg22.
    TouchDown also required me to enter the pin in the beginning of its setup but I could easily reset it from Phone setting and it asks me to enter the pin only when I entered to TouchDown itself which makes sense.
    This is what I would suggest too. My wife has exchange set up on her D2, and it's the same thing, password for every unlock of the phone. It's annoying, and unnecessary. They should have placed the lock on the app only, not the whole phone. Touchdown is the way to go for exchange anyway.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It's not an exchange issue really. It's the FRG22D. It doesn't understand when the exchange policy is set to not require a pin or password, it defaults to at least 4 characters no matter what the policy is set to, even if the policy is set to password/pin disabled.

11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by LT* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by violkim View Post
    This is what I would suggest too. My wife has exchange set up on her D2, and it's the same thing, password for every unlock of the phone. It's annoying, and unnecessary. They should have placed the lock on the app only, not the whole phone. Touchdown is the way to go for exchange anyway.
    It's a 'feature'. Enterprise institution want you to type in password for EVERY SINGLE UNLOCK.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links