is there a place to customise or turn off that green flashing light?
i assuem its to notify of new evens.
I am having the same problem and the missed call app is not for email notifications. i have the dock sitting on my night stand and when i get an email while I am sleeping, the green light blinking lights the room as it blinks on and off. this wakes me up so I need to turn it off. Any ideas?
Quick fix. Just put a piece of black electrical tape over the light at night when you're about to go to sleep. I'm glad I'm a heavy sleeper. They'd have to turn on stadium lights to wake me up .
I used a small bit of black electrical tape ... no more flashing green in the night. It's a solution I also used for my new lenovo laptop which arrived with four (count 'em) flashing lights, which are annoying as heck while I'm working. Bits of black tape.. no longer a problem. Who needs all those signals? It reminds me of those movies in the 60's showing what movie makers thought computers looked like.
i finally figured out how to stop the light from blinking every time I got an email....the instructions at https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ountry_code/US
If you would like to change your sync frequency, notifications, or your password follow the steps below:
- From the Home Screen, Press Menu
- Touch Accounts & sync
- Touch the email account your wish to edit
- Touch Account Settings
- From the applications menu, touch Email
- Press Menu
- Touch Account Settings
- Touch Account name to change the name that is displayed
- Touch Your name to change the name that appears on outgoing messages
- Touch Email check frequency to change the frequency that emails is pulled to the device
- Touch Default Account to send email from this account by default. Note: If you do not have this selected you messages will be sent using a different change the period of time used to pull emails
- Touch Email Notifications to turn on (Checked) or turn off (Unchecked) notifications appearing in the status bar.
- Touch Select ringtone to change the tone for this account
- Touch Vibrate to enable vibration when an email arrives
- Touch Incoming settings to change your domain, username, password, exchange server, or SSL preferences.
- Touch Sync contacts to enable (Checked) or disable (Unchecked) synching contacts from this account
I downloaded an app to change the color when I had a missed call. Now when I get an email the led doesn't blink. I uninstalled the app but it still doesn't work. Email notification is selected. Any clue what happened?