I just bought a Droid after 10+years of Palm devices and phones (most recently a Palm Treo 650). The notifications on the Droid are missing a lot of functionality I loved and NEED from my Treo. Here are the issues in decreasing priority:
1. I want to be able to turn sounds off and on but I ALWAYS want it to vibrate - even when the sound is on.
2. I want to be able to automatically turn off notifications for emails (gmail) during sleeping times (11pm-8am) while keeping notifications from the calendar on ALWAYS. I use the calendar notification as an alarm clock.
3. I want to have each different kind of notification have a different sound.
4. For calendar notifications, I would like to have a reminder of 0 minutes - I can set 0 minutes on the desktop but not on the Droid.
5. Is there a list of all the notification types somewhere?
New to Droid and 1st posting on this forum so please excuse any stupid questions...