DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Cancer Named Froyo

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The Original MotoDroid

A Cancer Named Froyo

Ever since it's "leak" into the wild, it has been quickly spreading. Ironically, some of those whom didn't get infected conventionally, proceeded to manually force the infection into their systems. It has been responsible for shortening time that infected parents should spend with their children or each other. It is surely the cause of many broken homes. Many have speculated about the origin of the "leak". Some have attached their own names to it before pushing it out on the streets. It has caused dissension and mud slinging in the community. Some have created their own mutations of it and made it available for distribution to the frothy-mouthed masses. It is a far more efficient and multi-functional disease than that which caused Snow White to suffer her fate. Therefore, it is evil and will quickly consume you entirely.

For me...I'm going to set it aside for the day....go to the park to ride bikes with my girl, take my kid fishing, BBQ some steak kabobs on the grill, enjoy a few/several cold pops, and take in a movie tonight. I'm going to do all of this without the assistance of the disease. Wish me luck!
    Device: THE original Motorola Droid
    ROM: Sapphire v2.0.2
    Kernel: 125/800 Sapphire Kernel
    Theme: Black Bar (credit to tanknspank for the port)
    LauncherPro Plus

Twitter: @mtkregs

3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    You'll do just fine....just don't forget to bring your phone
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    G-Nex LTE
    I'm infected too.
    Droid 1: CyanogenMod 6.1.2 @ 1100MHz
    Droid 1: Ultimate Droid 3.0.1 @ 1000MHz
    Galaxy Nexus: Codename Android 1.1.1 @ 1350MHz
    Kindle Fire: Stock + Root & Google Apps
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I had a wonderful day at the pool with my daughter Friday, my Droid sat in its pouch, only checked it every so oftn, mainly because I was shooting pics of her in the pool to my wife by request because she was trapped at work....

Infected, but with bouts of remission
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 4
    I've been afflicted with the disease as well but not the virus. I'm not so presumptuous 2 assume I know better then Verizon what OS my stock D1 should be running since they are the host that provides my signal. I've sat back & researched rooting but in the end I know who has the power and control ... Verizon. I expect one day 2 see 100s & 100s of contributors missing from this and many forums like it because one morning they wake up and find NOTHING works on their Droid. As attractive as all the new features are I'm not willing to sacrifice the service and coverage provided by Verizon. So I've got the bug but not the virus. I will wait patiently for any release but I really don't expect one. Why would they? it really is no advantage 2 Verizon, we already have purchased the device and are locked in a contract. Big business is not into giving away anything 4 free. The only reason 4 any future up date would be to shore up avenues of lost revenue and further tighten control over the end user 4 their profitable advantage. Surely I'm not the only one that can see this. Years from now we'll look back on these times an remember when we use to be able too... and it only cost... I try an trick myself into thinking I'm wrong but too much history in this industry proves otherwise. Back to enjoying the features and reliability my stock D1 provides and not forgetting to instantly put it on standby whenever a real live human being approaches me for conversation or physical activity... remember that stuff?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Mechanicat
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mkregs View Post
    ... enjoy a few/several cold pops...
    "pops"

8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanicat View Post
    I've been afflicted with the disease as well but not the virus. I'm not so presumptuous 2 assume I know better then Verizon what OS my stock D1 should be running since they are the host that provides my signal. I've sat back & researched rooting but in the end I know who has the power and control ... Verizon. I expect one day 2 see 100s & 100s of contributors missing from this and many forums like it because one morning they wake up and find NOTHING works on their Droid. As attractive as all the new features are I'm not willing to sacrifice the service and coverage provided by Verizon. So I've got the bug but not the virus. I will wait patiently for any release but I really don't expect one. Why would they? it really is no advantage 2 Verizon, we already have purchased the device and are locked in a contract. Big business is not into giving away anything 4 free. The only reason 4 any future up date would be to shore up avenues of lost revenue and further tighten control over the end user 4 their profitable advantage. Surely I'm not the only one that can see this. Years from now we'll look back on these times an remember when we use to be able too... and it only cost... I try an trick myself into thinking I'm wrong but too much history in this industry proves otherwise. Back to enjoying the features and reliability my stock D1 provides and not forgetting to instantly put it on standby whenever a real live human being approaches me for conversation or physical activity... remember that stuff?

Interesting philosophy. However if you understood how rooting works and how this is really rampant in not only Droids but Blackberry's and iPhone's you'd see that you are a bit mistaken in that theory of hundreds of us waking up to a completely dead phone.

It's OK to stay stock. It's a darn good phone right out of the box, no denying it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by killabyte View Post
    "pops"

Yeah, "pops." What do you drink? "sodas?"

Mike
    JuopunutBear S-OFF April 21, 2012

10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanicat View Post

Interesting philosophy. However if you understood how rooting works and how this is really rampant in not only Droids but Blackberry's and iPhone's you'd see that you are a bit mistaken in that theory of hundreds of us waking up to a completely dead phone.

It's OK to stay stock. It's a darn good phone right out of the box, no denying it.
    And some of these devs should be working for motorola with the amazing work they do... they do better work than the people motorola pays to do it, and for free with minimal donations.

But I've contracted this disease, but it doesn't bother me. I've met a lot of interesting people, and learned a great deal of things that i otherwise never would have, and enjoyed every bit of it. Well, except the part when i did wake up to a dead phone.... Anyways

-----------------------------------
    Rom: CyanogenMod 7 Winner00's Nightly #85
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.1.0.2
    Kernel: Prime's deprimed_test
    Theme: Stock
    Launcher: ADW EX 1.2.2
    Launcher Theme: Gingerbread
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/ihaztehwingz

-----------------------------------
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The Original MotoDroid
    [quote=Mikejl;708210]
    Quote Originally Posted by killabyte View Post
    "pops"

Yeah, "pops." What do you drink? "sodas?"

Mike
    "Having a few pops" is an expression. Here, I'll pull the definition out of the dictionary for you:

"19. a drink or portion of an alcoholic beverage, as a drink of whiskey or a glass of beer: We had a couple of pops on the way home."

Even if it where a few "sodas", there would be nothing wrong with that. I'm in my 40s, so don't feel the need to drink alcohol for the purposes of impressing others. Nonetheless, good day yesterday!
    Device: THE original Motorola Droid
    ROM: Sapphire v2.0.2
    Kernel: 125/800 Sapphire Kernel
    Theme: Black Bar (credit to tanknspank for the port)
    LauncherPro Plus

Twitter: @mtkregs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links