DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid, Droid 2, or Droid X?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Droid, Droid 2, or Droid X?

Ok, so now that I pretty much confirmed I can get a new phone soon, I'm kinda undecided. Currently have a Droid which is great and running froyo 2.2. Question is, what Droid should I go with? The bootloader (which I can get the gist of, but may need someone to explain in detail) can be accessed on the Droid but not the Droid 2 and X. For the most part I really want to add on a theme and install some unsigned apps such as emulators and a movie / more advanced music player.

Other then that, this little gadget does everything I could possibly want! Although I would love to know the apps that I cannot even fathom wanting but are essential on a device such as this. Ideas and advice needed!

3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1561 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    wait until the end of the year...there is a device made by Motorola that is going to be a huge update to the current crop of devices PLUS it MAY have an unlocked bootloader (early rumor)

I really like the Moto Droid and can't give up the control of customization that I now have.

With Root Access my device (Moto Droid) will remain relevant for a LONG time.

I say wait until the end of the year. We may get lucky and get a huge incremental upgrade with the ability to install custom ROMS
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    wait until the end of the year...there is a device made by Motorola that is going to be a huge update to the current crop of devices PLUS it MAY have an unlocked bootloader (early rumor)

I really like the Moto Droid and can't give up the control of customization that I now have.

With Root Access my device (Moto Droid) will remain relevant for a LONG time.

I say wait until the end of the year. We may get lucky and get a huge incremental upgrade with the ability to install custom ROMS
    Mmm, good advice and all, but if I wait I'm gonna have to go back to the Krazer (sp?) which is quite laughable. I just got the Droid around 2 weeks ago, this would be an exchange for either the X or 2, or just keep the original.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    I agree with cereal killer. There's going to be a device from Motorola that will make every single device on the market now obsolete. It will have a 2ghz processor which is a HUGE upgrade from any processor out right now.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S 3
    Droid!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID DOES
    Don't play the waiting game because there will always be something better. Get an X or D2 now and then upgrade in 12 months to an LTE Droid.
    Last edited by dragozoid; 08-06-2010 at 06:41 PM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    Not exactly true. The 2ghz phone might possibly have lte, plus 2ghz is a giant leap forward. I really doubt after the 2ghz phone is released you will see any phones with better processors for atleast a year. 4 months isn't that long..
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Googleaddict View Post
    Not exactly true. The 2ghz phone might possibly have lte, plus 2ghz is a giant leap forward. I really doubt after the 2ghz phone is released you will see any phones with better processors for atleast a year. 4 months isn't that long..
    I highly doubt we'll see a jump from 1ghz to 2ghz in just a few months either.

But as for the OPs question. If you want customization then go with the droid. If you want a great media device go X. Else go with the D2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID DOES
    Quote Originally Posted by Googleaddict View Post
    It might but numerous sources said Verizon won't be getting LTE phones until 2011. And the processor doesn't make the phone. It's the user experience. If this mysterious 2GHz Motorola phone comes out, in like two months after you'll have another 2GHz phone release with better specs, more memory, etc. It's a never ending cycle and no device will ever be the greatest for more than a few months anymore.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Twitter
    TrastX
    Phone
    Droid 2
    ^^^ However, we will always be better than the iphone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links