DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New software update for the Droid

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

New software update for the Droid

Anyone have any idea the types of things that will be fixed/updated when the new software comes out (~12/11/09)

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    Nexus Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    That is fantastic. I am going to get so much use out of that on other forums. You have made my day.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    That is freaky cool, Martin030908!
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I forget who but someone on the forum's here showed me that. You can change what it 'searches' for.... just erase up to the "=" and add your own search criteria... just remember the "+" between words..... then you can google anything for anyone
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Verizon to address Droid issues in December

The recently launched Motorola Droid at Verizon is already due for an over-the-air update to fix a large number of issues, according to a lengthy document leaked from Verizon. The five pages that are said to have been sent to Verizon Tech Support representatives and reveal an update is due for December 11th. It will address a large number of issues, including adding nesting folders in Exchange Active Sync e-mail, adding a notification icon when sending an e-mail and fixing a lock-up when editing large invite lists.
    Users currently also cannot accept a calendar appointment received over e-mail, which will also be addressed. When Google Mail is Active Synced, only picture attachments are recognized.

A delayed notification of a new Visual Voice Mail will also be addressed by the update, as will an incorrect date and/or time when sending videos over Bluetooth. In some markets, users also are not able to initiate three-way calling; the Add Call soft key also has no effect during some three-way calls. The counter for the number of characters in a message will also be fixed.

The inability to transfer contacts over Bluetooth will also be addressed, as will the delay before an incoming call or message after activation. Power cycling the Droid now eliminates the problem, but the update will totally resolve the issue.

Finally, an intermittent problem with the camera's ability to automatically focus will also be resolved.

Some of these issues will purportedly be resolved in a second update, on January 22nd, as there are two dates listed for the Droid's fixes. [via Phandroid]
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    I forget who but someone on the forum's here showed me that. You can change what it 'searches' for.... just erase up to the "=" and add your own search criteria... just remember the "+" between words..... then you can google anything for anyone
    Actually, all you need to do is go to Let me google that for you and enter your search criteria. The site will then create the needed url for you automagically.
  9. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by RichStevenson View Post
    Actually, all you need to do is go to Let me google that for you and enter your search criteria. The site will then create the needed url for you automagically.
    What would be REALLY smooth would be if we could just teach some of these people how to actually "Google" for themselves.....what a concept! Probably too much to ask.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Gee, thanks for the help!
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    or just go here Let me google that for you and then put yoru search in. It will provide you the link to use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links