DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: very sad :(

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

very sad :(

so a few days ago my droid ended up with this issue where the screen would go crazy and use itself

more can be read here

so i tried flashing a new rom and wiping data and cache i tried backing up and i went back to stock all with no luck the i updated it to 2.1 cause i figured that wold be best when it was sent to motorola for a replacement then yesterday i picked it back up and re read that thread in the link and i noticed someone said to take out the sd card so i did that it still didnt work so for some reason i rebooted it (didnt mean to but its a habit) then it went into a bootloop (remember its stock now) so i thought that was odd and pulled the battery and turned it on and the no more issues (so i thought) so i signed in and wen i was typing with the keyboard in portrait mode some of the key werent working i thought it was just uncalibrated so i finished with the physical keyboard (no big deal i use that the most anyway) so then i went to root it and realized i had updated it and RSD lite doesnt work on my computer so that was a no go for now and now i pick it up again to realize that part of my just does not work when i touch it even when i try and drag something past it it looks like its moving along an invisible wall the just jumps to the next part that work (if that made sense) so idk what to do with it now i was happy it worked then i got shot down when it had a new issue

so here is where the screen doesnt work

Last edited by tiggerxplur; 08-05-2010 at 05:40 AM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Hmm….Well, I feel bad for you, but now no only is your Droid not working, the link to read more about it isn't either.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    oops sorry the link is fixed now

4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    3 original Droids
    Premium Member
    That sucks Tiggerxplur! Do you have any insurance or a back up phone.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    i dont have insurance any more cause i dont have service on it anymore but im sure its covered under the manufacture warranty so i am getting a hold of motorola today if anyone has info on the manufacture warranty please let me know

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    you get ahold of verizion and they will hook you up with a replacement under the manufactures warranty
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenter_22 View Post
    you get ahold of verizion and they will hook you up with a replacement under the manufactures warranty
    i cant go to verizon cause i dont have service with them anymore cause i couldnt pay the bill thats why im hoping i can go directly to motorola

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    2 Motorola Droids
    I would go to another PC that RSD works on and try to start all over flashing 2.0.1 and working up before calling Motorola (unless you want to hear them tell you that a Devour is an acceptable replacement). It could still be a software/system related problem. The camera button quit working (but app worked) on my 2nd Droid before, I started over as mentioned above and I've never had any issue with it since.
    Android keeps going, and going.....
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ChugIt View Post
    I would go to another PC that RSD works on and try to start all over flashing 2.0.1 and working up before calling Motorola (unless you want to hear them tell you that a Devour is an acceptable replacement). It could still be a software/system related problem. The camera button quit working (but app worked) on my 2nd Droid before, I started over as mentioned above and I've never had any issue with it since.
    i planed on using a different pc to root it again then i found this issue i guess i will still try it but im still gonna try and contact motorola about it also

ill post up results if i can get it rsd lite to work on my girlfriends little brothers pc he is runnig 32 bit xp and im running 64 bit win 7

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    2 Motorola Droids
    Keep us posted. I hope it works out for you. Good luck man!
    Android keeps going, and going.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links