DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: "If Found" Message on Lock Screen

  1. Droid
    Mattpfeil's Avatar
    Member #
    53328
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    43
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    "If Found" Message on Lock Screen

    Ever since I updated my phone to 2.2 yesterday, on my lock screen where the alarm should display it says "If found, please call "name" at "number", Thank You". It even still has the little Alarm Clock symbol right next to it.

    It also shows up in the little Desk Clock feature that they included in the update, if I tap on it there it takes me to the alarm.

    I vaguely remember setting such a message right after I got the phone in February, but I disabled it and havent seen it since. Does anyone know how to make this stop, or how to delete/edit this message?

    I don't have any third party ICE apps or anything like that.

    I would post a screen shot of my lock screen but I am not exactly sure how to do so.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Developer Relations
    tp7six's Avatar
    Member #
    61666
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,512
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    #2
    My phone has never done this, and sometimes I wish it would, look in settings/security and see if you have any options to change it.

  4. Droid Ninja
    alm0614's Avatar
    Member #
    6158
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,240
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    VTCapsFan
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #3
    Is this included with 2.2? I havent seen such a thing
    Got OG on launch day, Got Nexus on launch day. Only Vanilla Android for me!
    Please follow me on twitter VTCapsFan !!!
  5. Master Droid
    tiggerxplur's Avatar
    Member #
    29550
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    656
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #4
    there is a setting to make it say whatever you want in the security settings you can disable it if you want i would tell you exactly where it is but my phone is out of commission at the moment

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
  6. Droid
    Tino's Avatar
    Member #
    52675
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eastern US
    Posts
    68
    Phone
    Droid Froyo 2.2 Rom
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattpfeil View Post
    Ever since I updated my phone to 2.2 yesterday, on my lock screen where the alarm should display it says "If found, please call "name" at "number", Thank You". It even still has the little Alarm Clock symbol right next to it.

    It also shows up in the little Desk Clock feature that they included in the update, if I tap on it there it takes me to the alarm.

    I vaguely remember setting such a message right after I got the phone in February, but I disabled it and havent seen it since. Does anyone know how to make this stop, or how to delete/edit this message?

    I don't have any third party ICE apps or anything like that.

    I would post a screen shot of my lock screen but I am not exactly sure how to do so.
    I set a custom message as well. Under settings - location & security - show custom message

    Bam!
  7. Droid Ninja
    alm0614's Avatar
    Member #
    6158
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,240
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    VTCapsFan
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #6
    what froyo are you on.. im on BB v.4 and under my location and security all i have is
    -use wirless networks
    -use GPS sats
    -set up screen lock
    -visible passwords
    -select device admins
    -use secure credentials
    -install from SD Card
    -set password
    -clear storage
    Got OG on launch day, Got Nexus on launch day. Only Vanilla Android for me!
    Please follow me on twitter VTCapsFan !!!
  8. Droid
    Mattpfeil's Avatar
    Member #
    53328
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    43
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattpfeil View Post
    Ever since I updated my phone to 2.2 yesterday, on my lock screen where the alarm should display it says "If found, please call "name" at "number", Thank You". It even still has the little Alarm Clock symbol right next to it.

    It also shows up in the little Desk Clock feature that they included in the update, if I tap on it there it takes me to the alarm.

    I vaguely remember setting such a message right after I got the phone in February, but I disabled it and havent seen it since. Does anyone know how to make this stop, or how to delete/edit this message?

    I don't have any third party ICE apps or anything like that.

    I would post a screen shot of my lock screen but I am not exactly sure how to do so.
    I set a custom message as well. Under settings - location & security - show custom message

    Bam!

    I dont have that option. Under Location&Security all I have is; Use wireless networks, Use GPS satellites, Set up screen lock, Visible Passwords, Select device administrators, Use secure credentials(greyed out), Install fron SD card, Set pasword, Clear storage(greyed out)

    I am running stock 2.2
  9. Droid Ninja
    huskur's Avatar
    Member #
    11527
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lower Delaware
    Posts
    1,885
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by alm0614 View Post
    what froyo are you on.. im on BB v.4 and under my location and security all i have is
    -use wirless networks
    -use GPS sats
    -set up screen lock
    -visible passwords
    -select device admins
    -use secure credentials
    -install from SD Card
    -set password
    -clear storage
    Mine is the same as yours except between "set up screen lock" and "visible passwords" mine says "show custom message" and a place to checkmark it and then "custom message" and when you touch it you can add your own custom message to the lock screen.
  10. Droid Ninja
    alm0614's Avatar
    Member #
    6158
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,240
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    VTCapsFan
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #9
    hmm interesting.. are you running FRG01b or what.
    Got OG on launch day, Got Nexus on launch day. Only Vanilla Android for me!
    Please follow me on twitter VTCapsFan !!!
  11. Droid
    Mattpfeil's Avatar
    Member #
    53328
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    43
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by alm0614 View Post
    hmm interesting.. are you running FRG01b or what.
    Yes, I am.

    Model Number: Droid
    Android Version: 2.2
    Baseband Version: C_01.43.01P
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g103d848 android-build@apa26 #1
    Build Number: FRG01B
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Text Message "Sent" and "Received" Times
    By ammon214 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 10:32 PM
  2. ~*~Amazing New Lock Screen "Clear Lock"~*~
    By Corinacakes in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 02:01 PM
  3. How do I add a "If Found, Please Return To.." Message?
    By TomParker in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 08:43 PM
  4. lock screen ... silent slider to "vibrate only" slider?
    By ace3 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 10:29 AM

Search tags for this page

android custom message lock screen
,
android lock screen custom message
,

android lock screen message

,
android message on lock screen
,
android screen lock message
,
change lock screen message android
,
custom message android lock screen
,

lock screen message android

,
message on lock screen android
,
screen lock message android
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+