DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon offers Buy Dr0id get Eris FREE!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dr0id

Verizon offers Buy Dr0id get Eris FREE!

2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member

Wink Stick it!

I stuck this thread at the top for every one to read. The sale is at least all weekend. It's buy a Droid and get the Eris free. Please post all comments here. I'll remove the sticky on Sunday night. Have a great day
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I am thrilled that they are giving the Eris away for free and not the Droid.

Sorry guys, but I just woke up and I am being an honest.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKastle View Post
    I am thrilled that they are giving the Eris away for free and not the Droid.

Sorry guys, but I just woke up and I am being an honest.

Agreed! The Eris would have done better with 2.0 IMHO.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    The Eris is a very nice phone running the Android operating system. My daughter didn't want the larger, heavier, "clunkier" (her words) Droid so she opted for the Eris. She LOVES it. There may be an update in the future to Android 2.0, but even if not, this is a very full feature phone that stands on its own. When she returned to college after Thanksgiving her phone was the hit of her dorm and her friends were all jealous.

I'm happy with my Droid and she's happy with her Eris. (I just wish this deal had been available when I got my Droid so I could have gotten her Eris free!)
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Do you think they would let you add a new line to get the Eris but use an old dumbphone on the new line instead (i added a new dumbphone line just a couple of weeks ago). I would love to have a backup but I'm definitely not wanting it turned on or a dataplan.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    They can't really force you to keep one phone on a specific line...

Your question seems kind of cloudy and I don't know what exactly you are asking but if you get the Eris on a new line you could immediately switch it off.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Well I got the Droid and if I can walk in and get a free Eris then that would be sweet but I don't want it turned on or a data plan. What I would like to do is walk in and tell them I just opened a new line 2 weeks ago and want an Eris because of that and the fact that I actually have two Droids/lines on my Verizon account already should make it possible. But I want to keep the added line with just a dumbphone and keep the Eris stored away as a backup for when Verizon tells me my insurance won't cover the damages on the phone somewhere down the road (and you know they will).
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by leeches View Post
    Well I got the Droid and if I can walk in and get a free Eris then that would be sweet but I don't want it turned on or a data plan. What I would like to do is walk in and tell them I just opened a new line 2 weeks ago and want an Eris because of that and the fact that I actually have two Droids/lines on my Verizon account already should make it possible. But I want to keep the added line with just a dumbphone and keep the Eris stored away as a backup for when Verizon tells me my insurance won't cover the damages on the phone somewhere down the road (and you know they will).

First once you go home the phone is your to do as you please. Saying that I believe it will leave VZW activated. If you go home and change it well i'm not sure if they can/will say anything.

As far as the deal goes. You have 30 days to return your Droid. You will pay a $35 restockfee I think. Then rebuy it and get the Eris free. I believe VZW will let that happen
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by leeches View Post
    im pretty sure they will make you get the data plan when getting the free Eris.
    you can technically put your regular phone on the eris line and put away the Eris, but im pretty certain you will still have to pay for the data plan.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links