DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: have you/ or do you own an apple product

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • iphone

5 6.58%
  • ipod touch/ipod

51 67.11%
  • macbook/imac

16 21.05%
  • apple 2e

4 5.26%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: man have things change since november

1. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

man have things change since november

When i first went from iphone 3gs to android, I was one of the folks crying about not having itunes and just how user friendly it was over android. I have had the droid for awhile, but today my bro sent me an ipod touch (apple fanboy tryna prove a point to me). And after playing with it for 15 mins I have some takes.

It makes a great user player, feels good to listen to music and not worry about it breaking up and pausing because of the headphone jack.

The itunes thing now just slow me down. I wish I could update my phone through motorola, but being that I am rooted, I update from here. So Itunes is perfect for people who just do not get the file transfer thing. If you are computer oriented, itunes just slow you down.

Apple store, its better organized, but android is catching up.

I need a back button.....nuff said

I could not see buying an iphone ever again after this experience. I would keep the ipod for one reason only. To tether it for music. Other then that its useless imo.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Agreed, I keep telling myself that if an iphone comes to verizon, its going to have to be a hell of an iphone in order for me to switch from android. I havent touched my itouch since janurary(bought DROID then) which I'm upset about but I love pandora too much...

But I believe the best change since launch for droid would be the root access and how much the community has grasped the rooting process.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    I agree. The ONLY thing the iphone has over android is the music player and apps. I just think that Android's app store is filled with so much junk, the same apps have been in the top list since December... I hope Gingerbread will change the market approval process..
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    No option for never owning any Apple product....ever?

My wife has...but i haven't.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    The only reason I keep my iPod touch is because of iFitness, and it has an equalizer so I get more base in car. But if I had those 2 things on my droid, I would sell my itouch in a heartbeat
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid baby!
    I was still using my iPod until I found iSyncr for PC. Now I just sync the playlists from iTunes that I want to my Droid. Until then, I thought I'd never get rid of my iPod. Now it just collects dust. (My iPod headphone jack is "jacked" up anyway.)
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    DNA, Bionic, Eris, zoom, A100
    i came over to the dark side from an apple 3g. i had only had it for 7 mo. and believe me, it was worth every penny of that etf.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I've never has an apple product, and m not picky about my music player, I think the Droid sounds great. What I do mind is that if I went to a iPod, I'd need iTunes, and I don't want to be locked into one SW product, I want to load my own stuff how and when I want.

Not a flame, Just my own feeling, I'm sure it is a terrific music player.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OGDroid Incredible
    My first apple product was the 80 gb Black iPod Classic. I just bought a Macbook Pro recently for college and love it more than any other computer I have used. Apple' never given me a reason not to like them. I like the iPhone. People sit here on these forums and bash it as a phone but come on it's still a good device. In some ways better than android. For instance I believe if you are looking for a quick easy, seamless experience, than the iPhone is the way to go. The way I've edited my phone to my liking would blow small minds away as to how to do it. Some of you rooters even more so. Those of us with Androids, even unrooted, really work hard to get our devices to work how we want them too and look how we want them to. That fun, or frustration at times, doesn't exist on the iPhone. iPhones are more consumer friendly than Androids. Both are great devices though, and if the iPhone comes to verizon, depending what's out on Android's front, it will probably be my next phone simply because of the connectivity between it and my mac.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    My friend just got an iPhone 4 and was telling me about things like not being able to change notification sounds... and I showed off my fully themed, Cyanogen rom.

The differences are obvious lol. I mean if I were forced to use an iPhone I wouldn't jump off a cliff but the differences are obvious.

Although I wish my animations and transitions were as smooth as his iPhone. Just don't wanna sacrifice what they do to get that.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links