DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Phone lost with no battery left

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Phone lost with no battery left

I recently lost my phone and it has a dead battery so there is no way of calling it to find it so i was wondering if there is anyway to use the gps to locate it even though the phone is off. I know there are apps kind of like this and I actually installed "wheres my droid" but i forgot to set-up an attention word so that doesn't help. Any ideas appreciated

If its not something I could do personally could I contact verizon and see if they could locate it?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S 3
    There is noway to locate a phone without power on it. But for the next time install Wave Secure. Even after the trial version ends, if someone insert a sim card to it it locks the phone completely so nobody can use it. That one of the security measures I use on my droid plus the Pin unlock number from Froyo.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by pato201255 View Post
    I recently lost my phone and it has a dead battery so there is no way of calling it to find it so i was wondering if there is anyway to use the gps to locate it even though the phone is off. I know there are apps kind of like this and I actually installed "wheres my droid" but i forgot to set-up an attention word so that doesn't help. Any ideas appreciated

If its not something I could do personally could I contact verizon and see if they could locate it?
    If the phone has no power, how do you expect the electronics inside the phone to work?

Also, erikfg, you do realize that Droids, atleast in America, don't have SIM cards?

The answer to OP: No to every question.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    All Verizon phones have no sim, but isnt their Android phones for other carriers?

and to the Op, I would suggest doing it the old fashion way. Retrace your steps.... If you lost it in the woods get a strait line of peeps walking slowly looking for it. and just as a general statement: If my phones gps worked while my phone was off, I would be mad. Droid would be snapped in half....
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S 3
    Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post

If the phone has no power, how do you expect the electronics inside the phone to work?

Also, erikfg, you do realize that Droids, atleast in America, don't have SIM cards?

Lol!!!! not really, never looked for it...
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by erikfig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post

Lol!!!! not really, never looked for it...
    Haha I've spent too much time looking over my phone I guess
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Sadly, you're pretty much boned at this point. If you find it, here are some suggestions:

1. Install Locate My Droid. It only works when your phone is on, and if it's in someone elses hands, you won't really ever know when it will be on, but it's better than nothing.

2. Install Tasker. Follow the instructions in the following link to set up a profile that will text a number of your choice on bootup with a link to the phones GPS location. This will let you know a couple things - 1, where your phone is, and 2, that your phone is operational. This will let you use Locate My Droid to keep tabs on the phone. There are other security measures you can create with Tasker, but that's the easiest and most important one.

Edit: forgot link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ne-tasker.html
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    this sucks thanks for the help though

Links