DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

Thread: ~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    You have an X and an Eris? Nice upgrade. Whatcha do with the Eris?

Okay, you could try to boot into recovery and reinstall the update manually, pull the SD card and place the proper update on the root and try to install it that way, or possibly some other things, including SBFing the phone back to stock 2.1 and trying again. I'd recommend the first two first.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris

Question How Do You Put It On The Root?

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    You have an X and an Eris? Nice upgrade. Whatcha do with the Eris?

Okay, you could try to boot into recovery and reinstall the update manually, pull the SD card and place the proper update on the root and try to install it that way, or possibly some other things, including SBFing the phone back to stock 2.1 and trying again. I'd recommend the first two first.
    How do you put it on the root....just copy it to the SD card and just not put it into a folder??? That's how I have understood it....am I right or wrong?
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Spot on. That's the "root" of the SD card. Some people created a folder called Root and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by g_what View Post
    since i got the 2.2 update (OTA, and i am not rooted), my phone has been kinda sluggish (among other issues). i went to a verizon store yesterday and asked about it. they said this was a common issue for the Droid 1 running 2.2. i was told they have some kind of 'special update' to 2.2 that is not being released OTA. it takes about an hour to install the update and it wipes everything from the phone. supposedly this will fix the issues i am having. i was unable to do the update yesterday because i got to the store about 30 min before they closed.

no one at verizon was able to really explain what it specifically did. im guessing they are just doing a 'clean install' of 2.2, but i dunno for sure. that is just my speculation.

i am just wondering if anyone has heard anything similar to this or knows anything about this?
    so i finally got a straight answer from someone at a verizon store yesterday (not the verizon store i would normally go to). this "update" actually is a downgrade back to 2.1. i think someone else mentioned previously that they were told about this also.

im not sure if the following is true or not, but i was also told (by the same guy who told me that the "update" is a downgrade) that motorola is working on an update for the droid1 that fixes the lagging issues that some people (including myself) are having. anyone know if this is valid?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

Music problem with 2.2

When I use the music player and I turn the phone horizontal, then back to vertical, my whole phone locks up. Sometimes it shuts off, sometimes I need to take the battery out. The music player worked fine before the 2.2 upgrade.

Is anyone having the same problem??
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by khsjsilver View Post
    When I use the music player and I turn the phone horizontal, then back to vertical, my whole phone locks up. Sometimes it shuts off, sometimes I need to take the battery out. The music player worked fine before the 2.2 upgrade.

Is anyone having the same problem??
    This is not the correct area for these questions. This area if for the Motorola Droid 1. For all other questions please post here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...thread-27.html

If you need to repost your question that is fine, we won't ding you for cross posting.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    english
    Nexus One [UPDATED]: As expected, Google's flagship phone was first in line for the Froyo upgrade. In late May, a "very limited test group" received an early copy of the 2.2 software. By late June, a full Nexus One Froyo rollout had begun.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jtpryan View Post
    Well, now that 2.2 is here I was all excited to be able to use voice via my BT headset. But I can't seem to get it to work with this unit. Has anybody else been able to do it?
    What's not working with it? I have a Plantronics headset, I think it's the cheaper one it cost about 40 bucks and it works fine for me.

So when you say it's not working, are you sure you are paired? Do you not hear a voice asking you to name a contact (I forget what it really says)?
    Hi,
    I have migrated on Froyo 2.2 15 days later. And i have sometime the GPS can't running.
    But after reflexion, i have each time a alerte on memory overfloat when an meeting alert is up and these alerts are declared on JORTE. Juste after if i don't reset my FURY, GPS can't up with the GPS button including on icons consommation managment.
    And i must go to icons panel/parameters/localization to check on the GPS. but is not see by my Map application.
    I don't know if is JORTE or meeting service, but when i check that off Jort application when is unload. i have nothing trouble now......
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Thumbs up 2.2, GPS, and schedule services

(sorry i answer in previous post by error....i am beginner )

Hi,
    I have migrated on Froyo 2.2 15 days later. And i have sometime the GPS can't running.
    But after reflexion, i have each time a alerte on memory overfloat when an meeting alert is up and these alerts are declared on JORTE. Juste after if i don't reset my FURY, GPS can't up with the GPS button including on icons consommation managment.
    And i must go to icons panel/parameters/localization to check on the GPS. but is not see by my Map application.
    I don't know if is JORTE or schedule service, but when i check that off Jort application when is unload. i have nothing trouble now......
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

Links