DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 879

Thread: ~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

  1. Junior Droid
    madooch's Avatar
    Member #
    69799
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    Droid X
    since froyo update my battery has started dying very quickly never had problem before update called verizon they are sending me new battery said if doesnt work then its the phone they we send me a new one but i dont think its the battery or the phone i think it is the the update!
  2. Junior Droid
    Goosetowner's Avatar
    Member #
    15109
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

    Android 2.2 Update

    Now that I have the 2.2 update, just what does it do for me? I have two additional screens and some steady icons for the phone and browser, but can I view flash video and will pictures now be embedded and not show up as downloads at the bottom of an email?
  3. Droid
    harlock's Avatar
    Member #
    10629
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    71
    Phone
    Moto DROID3
    Just finished more testing to resolve this annoying issue. Really, I haven't noticed any other problems with the update - just this frakkin avatar/messaging bug.

    Here's what I did today:

    I tried adding myself as a contact. Since everyone else's facebook avatar is getting pulled over that way, I figured it might actually work. Adding myself showed me in the CONTACTS section (I wasn't there before), but still no avatar. This was interesting though, when I would go to edit that newly created contact, it would bring up two account - the one I added & another (I'm guessing the ME account - but I can't see this under CONTACTS). So, this did not work.

    Then I tried this:

    I downloaded another messaging app from the marketplace - CHOMP. It had decent reviews & was capable of showing avatars as well. Upon cranking up CHOMP, once again, everyone else's facebook avatar showed up except for mine.

    I tried rebooting again as well, but nothing changed.

    This is REALLY beginning to annoy me & I feel as if I'm developing an OCD with this now!

    Is anyone else experiencing this avatar/messaging issue since the 2.2 update???
    -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=-
    This is the voice of Free Arcadia -H-
    -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=-
  4. Senior Droid
    tonydelite's Avatar
    Member #
    48177
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Posts
    188
    Phone
    RAZR
  5. Junior Droid
    lovethesinner's Avatar
    Member #
    32268
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Motorola DROID

    3G Issues since DLing FroYo.

    I'll be cruising mobile sites, then all the sudden the next site wont load, I have no 3G. No internet connection. I turn my phone off then turn it back on and it's fine, but it's done this several times... Is there a way for me to turn 3G on without turning the phone off then back on, and is anyone else having this issue since the update?
  6. Jer
    Jer is offline
    Master Droid
    Jer's Avatar
    Member #
    7757
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    551
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G, Archos 101

    For those running Froyo and having issues w/Google Maps FC

    I posted this as a response to another thread but thought I would start a new thread as the topic so others may see it that weren't subscribed to that thread and having issues. Please feel free to post if this helped anyone or not and discuss:

    I've been running BB v0.4 since it came out and have never had an issue w/Google Maps... until yesterday. It happened when I was an hour or so away from home and tried to launch Maps to navigate to a location nearby. I noticed that it would launch, tried to draw map where it was last and as soon as GPS enabled and it attempted to place my current location it would force close. I tried several times and it was the same thing each time. Reboots and battery pulls didn't seem to do a single thing to help. When I returned home (closer to where maps had me last) it loaded just fine w/o any other changes.

    So, as a possible fix for those having issues... try disabling GPS so that Google Maps uses the cell phone tower triangulation method to get your location close. Then enable GPS and see if that helps. I didn't have an opportunity to test this myself since it appears to be fine now but it's worth a shot if you're having issues.
  7. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I posted this as a response to another thread but thought I would start a new thread as the topic so others may see it that weren't subscribed to that thread and having issues. Please feel free to post if this helped anyone or not and discuss:

    I've been running BB v0.4 since it came out and have never had an issue w/Google Maps... until yesterday. It happened when I was an hour or so away from home and tried to launch Maps to navigate to a location nearby. I noticed that it would launch, tried to draw map where it was last and as soon as GPS enabled and it attempted to place my current location it would force close. I tried several times and it was the same thing each time. Reboots and battery pulls didn't seem to do a single thing to help. When I returned home (closer to where maps had me last) it loaded just fine w/o any other changes.

    So, as a possible fix for those having issues... try disabling GPS so that Google Maps uses the cell phone tower triangulation method to get your location close. Then enable GPS and see if that helps. I didn't have an opportunity to test this myself since it appears to be fine now but it's worth a shot if you're having issues.
    Thanks for the information, we are trying to keep the Froyo threads down to a minimum. I've merged your post over here.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Jer
    Jer is offline
    Master Droid
    Jer's Avatar
    Member #
    7757
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    551
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G, Archos 101
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I posted this as a response to another thread but thought I would start a new thread as the topic so others may see it that weren't subscribed to that thread and having issues. Please feel free to post if this helped anyone or not and discuss:

    I've been running BB v0.4 since it came out and have never had an issue w/Google Maps... until yesterday. It happened when I was an hour or so away from home and tried to launch Maps to navigate to a location nearby. I noticed that it would launch, tried to draw map where it was last and as soon as GPS enabled and it attempted to place my current location it would force close. I tried several times and it was the same thing each time. Reboots and battery pulls didn't seem to do a single thing to help. When I returned home (closer to where maps had me last) it loaded just fine w/o any other changes.

    So, as a possible fix for those having issues... try disabling GPS so that Google Maps uses the cell phone tower triangulation method to get your location close. Then enable GPS and see if that helps. I didn't have an opportunity to test this myself since it appears to be fine now but it's worth a shot if you're having issues.
    Thanks for the information, we are trying to keep the Froyo threads down to a minimum. I've merged your post over here.
    It wasn't a Froyo thread so much as a Force Closing issues with Google Maps thread. That's why I started a new thread because not everyone is subscribed to this thread and there are LOTs of people who will be having this issue looking for a possible fix. In fact there's going to be lots of people who are now having FC with Google Maps that don't even know what 'Froyo' means.
  9. Droid
    Palantirion's Avatar
    Member #
    22315
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Well, unless you have a task killer installed or are using anitvirus there is definitely an improvement in speed. If you have either one of those, remove them.
    -Are you saying that task killers rob speed? I have Advanced Task Killer and it seriously speeds up my phone's speed when I use it to close unwanted background programs. Please clarify your statement...
  10. Droid Sensei
    BayouFlyFisher's Avatar
    Member #
    14195
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    4,969
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Palantirion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Well, unless you have a task killer installed or are using anitvirus there is definitely an improvement in speed. If you have either one of those, remove them.
    -Are you saying that task killers rob speed? I have Advanced Task Killer and it seriously speeds up my phone's speed when I use it to close unwanted background programs. Please clarify your statement...
    The best explanation I've read:

    Written by Martin030908
    Android was designed from the ground up as an operating system (OS) for mobile devices. Its built-in application and memory-management systems were engineered with battery life as one of the most critical concerns.
    The Android OS does not work like a desktop operating system. On a desktop OS, like Windows, Mac OS X, or Ubuntu Linux, the user is responsible for closing programs in order to keep a reasonable amount of memory available. On Android, this is not the case. The OS itself automatically removes programs from memory as memory is needed. The OS may also preload applications into memory which it thinks might soon be needed.
    Having lots of available empty memory is not a good thing. It takes the same amount of power to hold "nothing" in memory as it does to hold actual data. So, like every other operating system in use today, Android does its best to keep as much important/likely-to-be-used information in memory as possible.
    As such, using a task manager/killer to constantly clear memory by killing apps is strongly NOT RECOMMENDED. Generally speaking, you should only "End" applications if you see one which is not working correctly.
    Baton Rouge, LA
Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. OFFICIAL: 2.2/Froyo Issues and Support Thread [NON-ROOT]
    By cereal killer in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 10:04 AM
  2. ****Official FroYo Rollout Thread****
    By alphawave7 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 06:19 AM
  3. Is the Official OTA Froyo FRG01B?
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 08:09 PM
  4. Official FRF84B Froyo Issues, Changes, Solutions Thread
    By Mojo in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 11:07 AM
  5. 2.1 Official Issues Thread
    By mth04 in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 12:53 PM

Search tags for this page

android 2.2 bluetooth alarm bug
,
android 2.2 problems
,
android froyo issues
,
android froyo problems
,
android playlist sorry the player does not support this type
,
assert failed apply patch check
,
assert failed apply patch space
,
connecting to linksys wap610n access point to droid x2
,

froyo issues

,
samsung fascinate assert failed apply patch space
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+