DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Help me PLZ with moto droid issues....???

  1. Senior Droid
    sgtmorph's Avatar
    Member #
    69031
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    107
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #1

    Help me PLZ with moto droid issues....???

    My moto droid is going nuts today.

    First problem is I cant get good cell reception anywhere.
    Places where I would normally have easily 3-4 bars.....
    now I only get 1 bar.....sometimes I have none at all.
    and its just since this morning......so today i have easily dropped
    over 10 calls.......where I have never had one prior to today.

    Second is a few texts that I sent out TODAY were listed as sent
    on march 17th, 2030

    wth is up.....is there anything i can do???

    thx...
  2. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,397
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #2
    as for phone calls, dial *228 and option #2.

    considering your problem with the date itself, could it be the app you're using?

    have you downloaded an antivirus? (they've been known to cause issues)
    any new apps downloaded recently? uninstall them and see if your phone works normal
    have a task killer? really not needed, so maybe it's causing some problems

    everything failed? do a factory reset.
  3. Senior Droid
    sgtmorph's Avatar
    Member #
    69031
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    107
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    as for phone calls, dial *228 and option #2.

    considering your problem with the date itself, could it be the app you're using?

    have you downloaded an antivirus? (they've been known to cause issues)
    any new apps downloaded recently? uninstall them and see if your phone works normal
    have a task killer? really not needed, so maybe it's causing some problems

    everything failed? do a factory reset.
    just tried *228, opt. 2........so we'll see if that is any help

    i haven't downloaded an antivirus
    any unecessary apps (whether recent or not) have just been deleted
    that included the task killer that i had for a few months....

    how do you go about doing a factory reset?
  4. Senior Droid
    onmyway's Avatar
    Member #
    68003
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    One of those places where we have a lot of sweet tea.
    Posts
    205
    Phone
    droid 4
    #4
    Factory reset is under settings, privacy, and at the bottom of privacy settings. I always flinch when I see it and hope to never use it, or accidentally hit it. I think of it as the "red button" but its known to fix many a threads issues.
    Some days...you cannot run the show...just go with it. Why? The word mutiny. Because? My mutiny wins when I have had my fill. Today I am likely just going with it....
  5. Senior Droid
    sgtmorph's Avatar
    Member #
    69031
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    107
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by onmyway View Post
    Factory reset is under settings, privacy, and at the bottom of privacy settings. I always flinch when I see it and hope to never use it, or accidentally hit it. I think of it as the "red button" but its known to fix many a threads issues.
    ok....found it

    does it erase personal crap like contacts, photos, videos, etc....?
  6. Junior Droid
    GAPACmedic's Avatar
    Member #
    46812
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    4 Motorola Droids
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtmorph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by onmyway View Post
    Factory reset is under settings, privacy, and at the bottom of privacy settings. I always flinch when I see it and hope to never use it, or accidentally hit it. I think of it as the "red button" but its known to fix many a threads issues.
    ok....found it

    does it erase personal crap like contacts, photos, videos, etc....?
    Contacts are synced with your google acc, remove your SD card before you do the reset. You will loose all your apps but get Appbrain from the market and set up a appbrain account at http://www.appbrain.com and sync your apps then you can reinstall them.
  7. Senior Droid
    sgtmorph's Avatar
    Member #
    69031
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    107
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GAPACmedic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtmorph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by onmyway View Post
    Factory reset is under settings, privacy, and at the bottom of privacy settings. I always flinch when I see it and hope to never use it, or accidentally hit it. I think of it as the "red button" but its known to fix many a threads issues.
    ok....found it

    does it erase personal crap like contacts, photos, videos, etc....?
    Contacts are synced with your google acc, remove your SD card before you do the reset. You will loose all your apps but get Appbrain from the market and set up a appbrain account at http://www.appbrain.com and sync your apps then you can reinstall them.
    thx..........
  8. Master Droid
    eliassami5's Avatar
    Member #
    7202
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, Cali
    Posts
    775
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    factory reset means it resets the phone back to when you first got it out of the box..so yes everything is erased.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. moto droid music issues
    By deef in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 10:47 PM
  2. Overclocking Moto Droid issues.
    By juise in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 01:45 PM
  3. Issues with speaker on my Moto Droid
    By Hacked69 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 10:29 AM
  4. Frustrating issues with Moto Droid
    By Sparksvonrou in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 06:04 PM
  5. Moto Droid having issues with the SD Card
    By Malithar in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 09:52 AM

Search tags for this page

accidentally hit factory restore

,

accidently hit factory settings on droid 2

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+